Review of Endless Awakening

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of Endless Awakening

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Endless Awakening" by Patrick Paul Garlinger.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Endless Awakening by Patrick Paul Garlinger is a collection of nine profound chapters that dissect the paradoxical reality of the spiritual path. The author reveals this in unambiguous terms and guides the reader to understand how unconscious most of us tend to be. Each chapter talks about a topic of contradiction that should be embraced and received with compassion and acceptance in order to attain the connection with the divine that we seek. It discusses intricate topics like identity, death, materiality, and many overlooked or undermined concepts that are essentially part of our spiritual journey and life itself. This book enlightens readers by giving them a different outlook on how they approach certain methodologies and practices in hopes of being better people. It offers a different viewpoint of reality and how the acceptance of this paradox provides a constant improvement of one’s spirituality.

I loved the author's take on fear. The author was able to convey such a broad topic without taking away its vastness. He explained what it is and how to recognise it and offered ways through which we can understand and overcome it. This can be seen notably throughout the book with other topics. I liked how the author induced his spiritual experiences of the kundalini and ayahuasca in expressing his ideas. Being unfamiliar with these concepts, I found myself acquiring a lot of new knowledge. It revealed that certain aspects thought to be unattainable can be accessed by the common man. I was glued to this book from the beginning. It was deeply engaging and almost conversational. Being able to relate to most of what was discussed held my interest throughout, and it felt like the book was written specifically for me. I appreciated how unbiased the author was in approaching his discussions. He did not limit his ideas to specific religions or beliefs but combined them all to create a general understanding for all.

The only thing I found quite disagreeable while reading was the constant introduction of new concepts and terms while another was being discussed. Although I found this necessary in the long run, sometimes it became hard to keep up with. However, this flaw was minor compared to my interest in the book.

I would rate this book five out of five stars. It created a much-needed mental rumination and reflection for me. I found it more enlightening than I had perceived earlier. It was a memorable one for me and definitely something I’d read a thousand times over. The book was exceptionally well edited; I found no errors in it.

I recommend this book to spiritual seekers. Although this book offers a more theoretical approach to spirituality, it contains the necessary knowledge for anyone genuinely looking for guidance on their spiritual path.

Endless Awakening
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

Sweet captivating and interesting review. I dont think anyone would say itherwise after readinv your review. I would love to read this book too. Kudos.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Just by the title, I'm awakened. His spiritual experience with kundalini and ayahuasca intrigued me. What kind of spirituality is that? I'm curious.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Shedrack A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

Endless Awakening by Patrick Paul Garlinger is a collection of nine profound chapters that dissect the paradoxical reality of the spiritual path. Sounds intriguing!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”