Review of What You Don't Know Might Be Hurting Your Kidneys

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Proof Readar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review of What You Don't Know Might Be Hurting Your Kidneys

Post by Proof Readar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What You Don't Know Might Be Hurting Your Kidneys" by Dr. Christina Wachuku, PharmD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

As you age, so do your internal organs. Specifically, for example, your kidney ages over time after you have subjected it to a long period of blood purification and balancing of blood pressure, among others. Though you are not at fault for having your kidney perform its functions for your well-being, the chemical composition of substances you ingest often, the emotion type you exhibit often, and your general lifestyle can make or mar your kidney's health. Fortunately, a piece of comprehensive educational information about the various factors that affect the human kidney is extensively explained in the book What You Don't Know Might Be Hurting Your Kidneys.

What You Don't Know Might Be Hurting Your Kidneys by Dr. Christina Wachuku, PharmD, is a health care book that seeks to educate general audiences on, among other things, how their kidneys function, the conditions that pose threats to kidneys, and how to go about getting treatment for irreparably damaged kidneys.

The book starts with an introduction that summarizes the main aim of the book—emphasizing the common causes of chronic kidney disease (CKD), such as the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) without doctor prescriptions. The concise introduction helps me get a grip on the book's message without stress. The introduction is written persuasively to allow readers to continue reading. Despite how technical this book may sound, I am glad to find out that its technicality didn't affect reading comprehension. This is because the author explains all the medical terms and unregistered abbreviations before the book's message is introduced. Also, as the book progresses, all terms encountered are explained before another concept is introduced. I appreciate the author's thoughtful consideration of the masses; knowing her target audiences are not those in the medical field, she writes the technical content with utmost simplicity. And I'm happy it impacted me, as I took a break to consider my choice about whether I've been harming my kidney or not.

There are many tips to learn on how to keep your kidney in considerable good health in this book, and one I hold dear is the preventive measures in keeping the kidney free of diseases using food choices and lifestyle. Also, the book oozes hope for the hopeless patients of kidney impairment, as the author included testimonies of some recovered patients who, given the condition and severity of their kidney impairment, wouldn't have thought of how possible it could be for them to ever recover. Hence, for the helpful topic covered in the book, its simple writing style, and the easy-to-understand fragmentation of the message into subheadings, I would rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. The book has been professionally edited, as I only found one punctuation error. And the literary quality is not compromised.

This book would be very beneficial to people with kidney diseases or kidney damage; they will get life-saving information on the way to recover their human health. Also, the general audience, who think they have no symptoms of kidney diseases, would gain tips on how to help their kidneys stay risk-free from kidney diseases by getting information on healthy food choices, healthy lifestyles, and emotional control that aid kidney well-being.

What You Don't Know Might Be Hurting Your Kidneys
View: on Bookshelves
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

This is an educational book. I'll to know enough information on how my kidney works. I am sure you really enjoyed and benefited from the book.
Signature of Grace.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Becoming Athena by Katherine Lore

Post by Emily Meadows »

I have to say, I have never given much thought to my kidney specifically. :) The premise for this book is FASCINATING. Thank you for writing a great review, Proof Reader! It is good to know that books like this one exist, for research purposes.
ViviVivid
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by ViviVivid »

Great review. The book seems a must-read.
Temi book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Temi book »

This is an interesting review and one that needs to be read by most people today, especially in a world where we eat a lot of processed/canned foods. Awesome review! Well done!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”