Review of Blood money

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Review of Blood money

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blood money" by Rj marsh.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Blood Money by R.J. Marsh details the thrilling adventures of a team of criminals. The team is led by Amil, who owns a successful security business, but enjoys the thrill of robbing a bank or jewelry store. He doesn’t seem to orchestrate these elaborate plans for the money, he is addicted to the danger involved in executing his plans. His team consists of two other members. Kara is responsible for gathering the intelligence to develop the plans. She has an elaborate network of informants, who provide her with the necessary information on targets. She also stakes out locations before any robbery to identify risks, such as the amount of security or the number of people at each location. The final member of the team is Maria. She is highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat and weapons. The team worked very well together and successfully executed several plans without getting caught by the police.

Their latest heist took place at a jewelry store. It was reported on the local news and caught the attention of the leader of a crime syndicate called “The Community.” The ruthless leader of this group went by the name of “Oz.” He sent an invitation to Amil to join the group and he doesn’t like being turned down. Is the invitation for all three members of the team, or just Amil? With clandestine meetings and side deals, how do they know who they can trust?

This book had an interesting premise. The author was careful to explain that to the outside world, there were no connections between the three characters who made up the group of criminals. The characters were careful not to let each other know too much about themselves outside of the jobs that they did. Gradually readers learn more about the characters and they begin to divulge more about themselves to each other. This is what I liked most about the book. Readers gradually learned details about their lives, as the other team members were learning these same details. Since it was a gradual process, it kept me engaged throughout the book. I wanted to learn more about the characters and their backstories.

The characters were interesting and well-developed. I particularly liked that two members of the three-member team were women. They were strong characters who handled themselves well in stressful situations. The frequent arguments between Kara and Amil were entertaining and gave insight into the personalities of the characters and their goals. How the group handled themselves in the high-stress environment also shed light on their character. The book was incredibly detailed about the robberies and how they were conducted. The attention to detail added to the story and gave a level of realism to the action.

What I did not enjoy about the book were the errors. There were well over ten errors in the book. At times, the errors were distracting and took away from the story. Additional editing would greatly enhance this book. I also felt it ended abruptly, without finishing all of the storylines. It left some unanswered questions for me. For the reasons stated, I give this book a rating of 3 out of 5 stars. I would not rate it any higher due to the errors previously mentioned. I would not rate it any lower because the story was interesting, and the characters were memorable. I recommend the book to readers who enjoy crime novels and interesting characters. Also, readers who enjoy reading stories with strong female characters would enjoy this book.

Blood money
View: on Bookshelves
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

A book having over ten errors means it wasn't properly edited. As you clearly stated, this can take away from the story and the overall experience of the book. From your review, the plot of the book is okay, it just needs editing.
Samuel S Mulbah
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Samuel S Mulbah »

The female character in the book,who is good at combat and weapons, for robbery,she is one the main character, that make the book interesting to the reader.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

Its goid you piinted iut ehat you didlike about the book, just hope the author would do well to re edit the book to perfection. Nice review. Keep it up.
Esther Godwin Ogechi
Currently Reading: Adventures with Pop Pop at Grant’s Farm
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-godwin-ogechi.html
Latest Review: Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin by Andri E. Elia

Post by Esther Godwin Ogechi »

Blood money reminded me of the movie, Army of Thieves. Too bad the errors disrupted the enjoyment of the novel. Great review.
For I know the thought I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you an expected end.Jeremiah 29:11
Shedrack A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

Readers who enjoy crime novels and interesting characters would love this book. I enjoy reading stories with strong female characters, so can't wait to read this too.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”