Review of How to Identify and Address Crirical Global and US Problems and Solve them in Sixty Years or Less

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emmanuel Maduabuchi Eze
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: The ABCs of Trees by Scott A. Zanon

Review of How to Identify and Address Crirical Global and US Problems and Solve them in Sixty Years or Less

Post by Emmanuel Maduabuchi Eze »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How to Identify and Address Crirical Global and US Problems and Solve them in Sixty Years or Less" by A Concerned US Senior Citizen.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Written by A Concerned US Senior Citizen, How to Identify and Address Critical Global and US Problems and Solve Them in Sixty Years or Less aims to propose ways through which certain US and global issues and challenges can be addressed through systematic planning and intentional courses of action. The book contains a couple of suggestions offered by the author to this effect.

The world will continue to get better if human beings continue to become active participants in its affairs and conscious of their lifestyles. The author's attempts to offer his professional and academic experiences to this cause are appreciable and commendable.

I admired the author's ideas on the two main processes involved in systematic planning. It was interesting to see how he built on those to propose his Global Planning Center (GPC) initiative. His commentary on the variety of problems facing the USA and the rest of the world is quite appealing.

I find some of his recommendations quite interesting, although I can't confirm how feasible they can be. For example, he recommends the repeal of the current form of representative democracy being practised in, say, the United States today and the adoption of Electronic Direct Democracy (EDD) instead.

However, I have some negative concerns about this book. The issues highlighted in this book are relevant and, of course, timely, but I wasn't impressed with the way the author addressed them. Only a couple of issues were given due attention. I think this could be because of the book's wide scope.

The author should have lowered the scope of this exercise (by picking one, two, or four areas of interest) and given them the maximum attention they required instead of "chewing too much" and making the exercise seem like a list of problems.

I didn't see the need for the author to devote two out of the eight chapters of this book to talking about his academic and professional experiences. A couple of introductory notes could have done this job if he wanted to use those as the background upon which this book was written.

Also, I found the comments on America's historical developments in Chapter 5 unnecessary and boring. A direct take on the chapter's thematic preoccupation could have been better, as it would have made the discourse more engaging and captivating.

I don't agree with the idea of having one world government. Some sovereign countries today are becoming ungovernable, so what happens when everybody is lumped into one entity? I found a few grammatical errors in this book. However, the book appears to have been professionally edited.

I rate this book three out of five stars. I removed two stars from the rating because of the above negative concerns. I can't rate it lower, however, because the author's efforts are commendable and helpful. This book will appeal to anyone who wishes to update their knowledge on some global problems and challenges, as well as the possible solutions to them.

How to Identify and Address Crirical Global and US Problems and Solve them in Sixty Years or Less
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”