Review of Become a Doula in just 7 days

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Grace Lee Rose
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Become a Doula in just 7 days

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Become a Doula in just 7 days" by Emilia Fensby.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Become a Doula in just 7 days is a nonfiction book by Emilia Fensby. The author has six years of experience in this field, so the steps detailed are very accurate while also being tested and proven to be the perfect deal. This book is the complete guide to developing a successful doula career.

Some readers might be wondering who a doula is. To give a straightforward definition, it means someone who supports a woman during pregnancy, birth, and initial family life. The focal topics discussed in this book include the roles of a doula for the expectant mother and her family and how to deliver professional service to your client to leave a lasting positive impression that might earn you referrals. It also covered the different types of birth to help your client make an informed decision about which type of birth they'd love to have and the different types of pain relief. It also discussed the aspects of setting up a doula practice, how to find clients, and the importance of setting boundaries to provide your services competently. For aspiring doulas, you'll find all the information you need in this insightful book, with additional resources to equip you with all the necessary data you'll require.

Mothers cannot get the maximum attention they need from the medical team evaluating their condition, and this is where a doula comes in handy. A doula is there to ensure that the mother and her family experience a smooth passage through the pregnancy and the child's early developmental phases.

What attracted me to the book was its cover. It's so beautiful and appealing to the eyes. The image is heartwarming, and that is why I quickly selected the book. I found the live images of women incorporated into the book fascinating. It helped to perfectly drive home the point being made and also made the topics more understandable and unique. It was delightful to discover that at strategic locations in the book, the author made links available to readers for further reading. I appreciated this feature, as it gave readers an avenue for extensive reading to better understand the topic under discussion. I liked that the book was arranged in paragraphs. The book's arrangement made the contents appear less jam-packed and bulky. The author inserted a free bonus into the book called "The Doula Action Plan." This will go a long way toward setting readers interested in venturing into this career on the right path. Readers would certainly not go wrong in following the laid-out techniques for building up a wholesome doula business. Worth noting is the author's writing style. This is because it made the contents of the book easy to comprehend. The book was professionally edited, as I noted a few errors.

I'll rate this book five out of five stars because it is well-written and insightful. I recommend it to readers who have at some point helped mothers give birth or been asked for advice and, as such, are interested in venturing into the doula niche. Readers who have no idea about the job descriptions of a doctor or nurse, haven't had any reasonable experience of childbirth, and don't have any real interest in becoming knowledgeable in that aspect wouldn't find this book appropriate for them.

Become a Doula in just 7 days
View: on Bookshelves
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

I believe my aunt who is a midwife would appreciate this book. I should get it for her. Thank you for the detailed review.
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Though hiring a doula is probably not for everyone, many newly pregnant women and their husbands may like having a stable terminal to discuss the various issues surrounding pregnancy, birthing, and caring for a newborn. It's nice to see a book promoting the practice!
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

Become a Doula in just 7 days would be a book incorporating beneficial knowledge that would be helpful to people with the right skills seeking to venture into the doula niche. Thanks for the well-written review.
aime rivera
Currently Reading: E M P Honeymoon
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aime-rivera.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by aime rivera »

I just had a beautiful baby girl and would absolutely love reading this book! I think it will be very helpful for people who appreciate birth, that should be the majority, in my humble opinion.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

I don't think this book is for general readability. It would only be useful to those who are trying to have a doula career. I'm actually hearing the word for the first time. Thanks for your precise review.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Thank you for this insightful review. This is actually the first time I'm hearing about doula. I never knew there was a career like that. Anyway, I don't intend to be a doula, but I still find this book enlightening. And your review was spot on. Good job
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

Wow, am glad am just coming across a new concept which is so interesting. There are still some things I would love to find out about the doula. Therefore I would get a copy for myself. Your review is nice.
Gabriele Mattia Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriele-mattia-leonardo.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gabriele Mattia Leonardo »

Become a Doula in just 7 days by Emilia Fensby seems to be a really nice book. From your review I've gotten to know who a douala is, something I had no idea of before, even fir those that had an idea, they probably didn't know that's what they are called. Nice review!
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is a nice book. From your review, I’ve learnt what a Doula is. This is the first time I’m hearing the word. I think this will be a great book for all females. Nice review!
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

This is an insightful review! But is it possible to become this in just 7 days? I believe it might take more time. I’ll love to read this. Well done!
Anna_1203
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-1203.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Anna_1203 »

I totally agree with you about the book's cover. It looks so heart-warming and appealing. Thanks for your beautiful review.
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

I just learnt who a doula is. Thank you for explaining it in your review. The cover of the book is heartwarming and beautiful. There is nothing like too much attention for pregnant women during their expectancy, and I appreciate the role a doula plays in making the process as smooth as possible. Beautiful review.
UcheNduka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchenduka.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by UcheNduka »

I was wondering what a doula was before now. It sounds like a very interesting career, especially when the process goes smoothly and delivers an adorable baby.
Thanks for the informative and well-structured review.
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

Prior to reading this review, I have never heard of the profession "doula" before. It seems really nice as pregnant women need all the help they can get. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”