Review of How to get what you want from a man

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Review of How to get what you want from a man

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How to get what you want from a man" by Darrell Canty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Marital life and values keep getting complicated following the increasing interference from society and the media. Some married women can't understand their husbands anymore or find their way into their husbands' hearts. Some women of marriageable age don't even know the values that matter in marriage or how to identify a man of substance when they see one. These and many more issues are addressed and resolved in How to Get What You Want from a Man. The book is written by Darrell Canty.

In this book, Canty explores the distinct traits of the male and female genders, following how each is naturally wired. The author notes that the major problems in marriages today and the disillusionment in aspiring couples largely stem from contemporary men and women abandoning their natural orders to seek social validation. Canty makes striking points to show that men and women can enter and enjoy peaceful and prosperous marriages if they adhere to their natural orders. He rounds off the discourse with four powerful approaches to help married women obtain favours from their husbands without having to carry feminist banners.

I was empowered reading about those natural orders and other insights in this book. Canty's explanation of how the distinctive traits of the male and female genders play out in the success or failure of marriage is amazing and informative. I have had some horrible relationships with ladies, and reading this book helped me understand the mistakes I made on my side and the knowledge I lacked about the nature of women.

This book is a product of experience and research. After reading this book, I was able to understand the dangerous games society and the media are playing concerning marital compatibility and values. Whoever reads this book with an open mind will see that most contemporary men and women are just chasing shadows. We've just made things too complex for ourselves. The media, feminist banners, motivational manipulations, and the like have largely been unable to control the increasing problems in the family. The rate of divorce is worrisome.

Hence, I recommend this book to married women and men. It is also an informative handbook for young men and women. Married women will get to know the simple yet potent measures to take to create a united, peaceful, and prosperous family. The information in this book will help married men understand themselves better and live up to their responsibilities. Young ladies will learn the necessary habits to cultivate to become chasable and marriageable. Young men will learn what they need to do to prepare for their future responsibilities.

The only negative concern I have about this book is the grammatical errors in it. I rate How to Get What You Want from a Man four out of five stars because of the useful insights in it. There is no serious reason to rate it anything lower than this. I deducted a star from the rating because I found more than ten grammatical errors in it. I hope the author fixes this issue in a subsequent publication.

How to get what you want from a man
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

The title of this book already says what the book is all about. I would love to learn the contents of this book. This is a nice review, by the way.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I love your review! It's very well-written and thought-provoking! It seems that the book is a must-read for men and women who are going to get married or are in the stage of marriage. I agree that the divorce rate now is worrisome. I hope this book will spread to many so that a lot will be educated.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I love your review! It's very well-written and thought-provoking! It seems that the book is a must-read for men and women who are going to get married or are in the stage of marriage. I agree that the divorce rate now is worrisome. I hope this book will spread to many so that a lot will be educated. Great review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

This will be an interesting and informative pick for me. Thank you for your great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”