Review of Book 3: Bea and B.B.'s Last Four Dog Vacations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Review of Book 3: Bea and B.B.'s Last Four Dog Vacations

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Book 3: Bea and B.B.'s Last Four Dog Vacations" by Carolyn West Meyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Book 3: Bea and B.B.’s Last Four Dog Vacations by Carolyn West Meyer is a travel diary detailing various trips the author took with her husband, Kel, and their two dogs, B.B. and Bea. This book is the final book in a series; however, it can be enjoyable for readers who have not read the first two books in the series. The author and her husband plan interesting and unique vacations that they can share with their beloved pets. Readers get a glimpse of the planning involved to ensure that the hotel or motel accommodations would be acceptable for two dogs. The author reserved larger rooms where the dogs had room to play and relax. She was careful to note hotels or motels that were particularly accommodating and reserve the same place for future trips.

Carolyn and Kel are avid road bicyclists. On each of their trips, they make time to enjoy exploring new places on their road bikes. At times, situations can become tense when one of them experiences a fall or loses their sense of direction in a new town. The places they visit with their dogs are unique and described in detail. The book also describes two trips that did not include Bea and B.B. One trip was to Belgium with their Irish musician friends, Hank and Ray. They toured with Hank and Ray, who played gigs in several cities in Belgium, including Amsterdam. Their experiences in Amsterdam were fascinating, especially for readers who have never been there. The second trip without Bea and B.B. described in the book was a trip to the Czech Republic for a bicycling vacation. This vacation included trips to Prague and Vienna.

Carolyn and Kel love to travel. What I loved most about the book were the author’s detailed descriptions of the places they visited. She conveys her passion for traveling to readers through her vivid descriptions and the excitement she experiences while packing up the car for a new adventure. She also conveys her great love for Bea and B.B. and her desire to share her travel experiences with her pets. After they are done exploring a new location on their bikes, they take the dogs for long walks to experience these new areas.

Readers will also enjoy learning about the places they visit. Whether it is Belgium, the Czech Republic, or the Telluride Film Festival, Carolyn and Kel have had some amazing experiences that readers will appreciate. It was interesting to read about their experiences in Telluride. The author described the movies they watched during the festival and the celebrities they saw while they were there. The book also includes photographs of some of the places they visited. There are also photographs of the author and her husband, as well as Bea and B.B. The only negative aspect of the book was that it contained more than ten errors. I was able to enjoy reading the book despite the errors; however, additional editing would improve the reader’s experience.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy traveling or reading books about travel. The author provided details about how to travel with dogs. I have never taken my dogs to a hotel, so I was interested to see how much work went into planning a vacation with pets. The author is very knowledgeable about these types of details. This information would be beneficial to readers who are interested in planning trips with their pets. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. I am unable to give the book a higher rating because there are more than ten errors.

Book 3: Bea and B.B.'s Last Four Dog Vacations
View: on Bookshelves
ELSETH MAEVE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elseth-maeve.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by ELSETH MAEVE »

I don't know much about pets, except what I see in movies. But sightseeing is something I enjoy, whenever I travel to a new place. The book sounds interesting and I would love to catch up on the story.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Bea and BB are such lucky dogs. Traveling with pets is interesting to hear. Besides, the places they travel-Belgium, Czech Republic, Amsterdam, are places that I'm interested in. I would like to read this nice book. And I like how Theresa wrote this wonderful review!🇵🇭
CrossK
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

Wow a wonderful review it is quite interesting to travel with pet, especially on vacations so I commend the author for this wonderful story. Great work!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”