Review of EXPATransformation

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lee_thewriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-thewriter.html
Latest Review: First Spouse of the United States by JR Strayve JR.

Review of EXPATransformation

Post by Lee_thewriter »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "EXPATransformation" by Michael Durham Sanford.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Deciding to leave one's native country is a really huge choice. Most people feel conflicted about what to do and how to approach it. These queries are addressed in EXPATransformation by Michael Durham Sanford. It serves as a guide for these people.

When someone leaves their home country, whether alone or with family, in quest of greener pastures, they undergo a process known as EXPATransformation, according to the author. The author has moved to various places like Germany, Austria, Mexico, and South America. The author came from a family of EXPATs. His grandfather left Ireland for the United States as a 19-year-old orphan. The author's children also followed in his part. His son moved to Germany and China to study and work. His daughter moved to New York, Spain, and England, amongst other places. As a well-experienced EXPAT himself, the author used his ordeals as examples to educate us. He shared the benefits he has enjoyed as well as what to look out for before beginning your journey.

The adage "life is short" was emphasized by the author. He encouraged us to pursue our goals and live life to the fullest, regardless of the consequences. Considering the unknown and what it might hold when you move can be typically frightening, but the author advised us to take that brave step since you never know what wonderful fortune may be waiting for you. The author also talked about losing his wife, Laurie, to cancer. I loved Laurie's fighting spirit. She was given a few months to live after being diagnosed, but she fought it and lived for over a year. She was truly an inspiration. The author also discussed his speech loss as a child and how his determination helped him overcome it. I loved the part where the author suggested moving to a new environment for people contemplating suicide. Life can be hard, but starting a new life as a whole new person could just be what you need.

I loved the author's writing style. He delivered his lessons and stories with humor; it lightened the mood and made me flow effortlessly with the book. I enjoyed how the author incorporated quotes into different parts of the book and highlighted key texts and phrases. Additionally, it also taught me some foreign words, places, and cuisines.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars for the positive aspects mentioned. It was filled with great lessons. There was nothing to dislike. It was professionally edited, as I found a few errors. I recommend it to people planning on moving to another country, as it can serve as a guide.

EXPATransformation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Killerbean2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-killerbean2022.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Killerbean2022 »

This is a well written review. I have not read this book but from your review, i do not encourage living life to the fullest irrespective of the consequences. I think we should always consider the consequences of our decisions and action. Great job.
Thompson Grace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Thompson Grace »

What an amazing book to read. Most people especially the young ones are planning to move beyond their space to seek opportunities this book would go a long way in enlightening us on the concept travelling for opportunities.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: The Kult of Salom'Sileyu by Zachael T.J. Presgrove
2022 Reading Goal: 115
2022 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Judy O »

I'm interested in this book because I too would love to live my country and need all information. Nicely written review.
Ben Filla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-filla.html
Latest Review: To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up by Charles Wiley

Post by Ben Filla »

It's quite unsettling when one just moves to a new place. It is usually stressful. I guess this is a book that can help with the issues.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

For me, the concept of moving from one country to another is fun and enjoyable but it shouldn't always be permanent. Saying life is short so we have to live life to the fullest should come with goals and strategies in mind. I hope these are contained in this book. Nice review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Treasure Stevs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-treasure-stevs.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Treasure Stevs »

I'm not a travel freak, I don't like travelling. But the book sounds educational and intriguing. I will recommend it to anyone that enjoys travelling. Nice review.
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

The author provided a list of things to do while planning on leaving ones native country. The author did a great job. Thanks for the review.
Famzi Ken
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Famzi Ken »

I like books that address a common but overlooked problem in society. This book seems to do so. I appreciate the author for this. I also like that he is experienced. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”