Review of Odyssey of High Hopes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 45%

Review of Odyssey of High Hopes

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Odyssey of High Hopes" by Cyrus A. Ansary.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Odyssey of High Hopes: An Immigrant’s Tale Of Sacrifice, Courage, and Love by Cyrus A. Ansary details the struggles he faced while trying to fulfill his lifelong ambition of becoming a citizen of the United States of America. He was fiercely passionate about following his dreams, overcoming obstacles, and clinging to the hope that he would one day be as successful as his brother. He was driven by the desire to be just as great as him. Did he achieve his goal? Or was he left to spend his entire life moaning about his unfulfilled potential? What did he do with his life after having the dreams? In this book, the answers to those questions are presented in such a lovely manner that you are ultimately left feeling satisfied.

The value of hard work and perseverance is skillfully promoted throughout the book. The author provides a highly detailed image of his life on earth by telling his story in such a lovely and elaborate manner. The economic position of his native nation and the actions that had to be taken to assure economic progress are covered in length in the book. I have to admit that the book taught me a lot, especially about the protagonist. The characters have distinct voices and are well-developed. The writing style of the author kept me interested in the book. Cyrus Ansary was determined to realize his dream. The entire book was enjoyable to me.

There are many things to appreciate about this book, but above all, the author's patriotism was the thing I admired the most. Even after living abroad for many years, he continued to work to improve his native country's economy; this was a noble and incredibly selfless action. Finding people who are willing to make sacrifices for their country is difficult in the modern world. Racism and self-centeredness have become the norm. I've never felt bad about reading this book. The author is a master of creativity.

I have no complaints about this book. Although the author's pointless lengthy descriptions initially turned me off to the book, I eventually came to realize that the intricacies were important to fully appreciate and take pleasure in the lovely story. I have to commend the author for his originality. In addition, I'd like to thank the editor for finding only one error in the book. The book is professionally edited.

I rate the book five out of five stars since it taught how valuable hard work is in a very lovely way. I suggest this book to all young adults dealing with the hard facts of life, as well as to business people. It provides useful insight into the global economy and way of life. 

Odyssey of High Hopes
View: on Bookshelves
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stevenmusk »

Everyone needs goals and dreams that give them purpose and guides their decisions. i would like to see how far this protagonist is willing to go for his dreams. Great review.
Egbara_David
Currently Reading: Dying Well
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egbara-david.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Egbara_David »

The reviewer's writing makes this novel inquisitive and capturing. I would love to know if A.Ansary achieved his goal of becoming a citizen of America.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Monkey on a Turntable by Ken Keller

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

It one thing to dream it is another thing to pursue it. Books like this are reminders that there is light at the end of the tunnel if one keeps pushing.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

I believe there are a lot of life lessons to learn from Cyrus's experience. Captivating review
Temi book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Temi book »

I have a question here. Is the author using his brother’s life and success as a yardstick for his? I hope not. This is an impressive review. Well done!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I agree with the previous commenter who said that comparing one’s success with that of another is a recipe for disaster. While I think dreams and goals are worthy, they should be your own.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 80%

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Odyssey of High Hopes by Cyrus A. Ansary details the struggles of an immigrant in trying to settle in America. I will read to find out if Cyrus Ansary realized his dream. Great book!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”