Review of Black Butterfly:

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Youngreader720
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720.html
Latest Review: Insomnia by Jack Hawn
2022 Reading Goal: 25
2022 Goal Completion: 76%

Review of Black Butterfly:

Post by Youngreader720 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Black Butterfly:" by Carla A Vincent.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you believe the universal law of attraction that like attracts like? If yes, Carla A. Vincent is just the person to listen to if you want to achieve transformational results by applying this law in your life. In her book, Black Butterfly: Transform Your Pain Into Your Purpose, Carla A. Vincent shares her experiences with applying this law in transforming her life from the anguish and stagnation she suffered to blossoming into a beautiful black butterfly (a symbol of transformation, transition, and renewal), who would achieve all of her heart desires. This did not happen overnight, however. Patience, perseverance, faith, and a willingness to learn are encountered in her journey. Pick up a copy of this book to unlock your full potential in the same way the author did.

I have always believed in the universal law of attraction and understood how it worked, so picking up this book served as a refreshing reminder for me. Some aspects of the book I must commend, which were evident early on, were the author's vulnerability and honesty in taking us through what it felt like to be in a negative place in her life, from suffering depression and two divorces to post-traumatic stress disorder. The description of her feelings will help many readers to relate to the significance of her message, as I was able to see myself in the author so many times. Also, the strength she showed was admirable.

A key aspect of the book is the author's faith in God, the creator of the world, which is the foundation of the universal law of attraction. We are taken through relevant Bible verses that support the application of this law in our lives. A good example, and one of my favorites, was Philippians 4:8, which advises us to focus on things that are true, honest, just, pure, and good, indicating that good thoughts attract good things. Apart from that, Carla also includes the musical inspirations that helped her apply this law in her life, which will also help readers. In this book, she pulls out all stops to help in opening readers' minds, and this is what I like most about the book.

Furthermore, we have a host of tools and techniques to pick from on the journey toward transformation, from prayer, meditation, affirmations, and visualizations (using vision boards, superimposed images, and props) to studying God's word, journaling, raising your vibrational frequency, and transcending emotions. I liked how easy to understand and practical these tools were, and this was a testament to the author's ability as a teacher, which stems from her willingness to learn.

Unfortunately, Black Butterfly: Transform Your Pain Into Your Purpose, although professionally edited, still contained numerous errors. The number of errors I found while reading took away from my overall reading experience. I would advise the author to improve this aspect of the book and make it the masterpiece that it can be. Therefore, I rate this guide four out of five stars.

Initially, I was a bit concerned about how the author would approach the subject of attracting good things with good thoughts, as a lot of people tend to just think and not act, but there is a perfect balance between "faith and works" in this book. Besides the issue I discussed, it is a wonderful and helpful read that will benefit readers who are interested in self-discovery and self-improvement, which influenced the rating. If you enjoy motivational books, I would recommend this guide to you as well.

Black Butterfly:
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Insomnia by Jack Hawn
Anna_1203
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-1203.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Anna_1203 »

Everyone has difficult periods in their life and everyone copes with them in their own way, but I think faith is a great strength, as the story of the main character proves. Great review.
Emmy page
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmy-page.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Emmy page »

life always presents high and low moments.you try to be your best but one way or the other, you are caught in situations that stretch your energies to the limit.how you cope with them sometimes becomes easier when you read other people's experiences and relate with your own.i guess this book provides real life lessons that can help those in dire situations.thanks for this review.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
2022 Reading Goal: 7
2022 Goal Completion: 100%

Post by Glory_C »

Whatever we set our minds upon is what we attract. Thanks for reminding me once again to think positive thoughts so I'll attract the positive. Great review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”