Review of Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Martin Skinn3r
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martin-skinn3r.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Review of Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Martin Skinn3r »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In a world that is in dire need of miracles, Mirko Beljanski found two. One miracle was discovered in the Amazon, and it's known as the Pao pereira tree. The other miracle, Rauwolfia vomitoria, was found in an African root bark. Extracts from both plants proved to be crucial in the fight against cancer and HIV/AIDS. So why don't we know about them? If these remedies can help us eradicate both cancer and HIV/AIDS, why are we still losing countless people to both? Winning the War on Cancer provides the answers. The book is revealing. It is painful. It is painfully honest. It takes us on a trip into the world of healthcare, and it shows us how it operates and treats the little players. It is a must-read.

Sylvie Beljanski is probably the only person fit to tell us her father's story. She grew up in a household of scientists, with her father being a molecular biologist, and her mother being a research engineer. Sylvie didn't follow in her parents' footsteps, however, and she became a lawyer.

I have to comment on the author's bravery. It may not be apparent after the first read, but there's a clear theme of bravery that is strongly portrayed in the book. Even when Sylvie was confronted with the reality of the circumstances that led to her father's demise, she didn't cower and accept defeat. This wasn't her fight, but she donned her battle boots and went on to fight for her father's honour and his achievements. I loved seeing her grow from being a lawyer to being a champion for equality, fairness, and cancer treatments.

I don't know if I believed everything I read in the book, but I believed that there was some truth in all of it. This is not a book to be read lightly because it makes very serious accusations of bullying, malpractice, and outright criminality against establishments we have come to trust. But I appreciate that now I feel a little less naive.

I tried to find negative aspects of the book, but I couldn't find any. I loved its structure. I loved its chapters. I appreciated its light humour. I rate it four out of four stars.

I recommend the book to cancer patients who are looking for other ways to fight their different illnesses. The book may shed light on a topic that may be new to most, and it may be helpful to someone in dire need of alternative remedies.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”