Review of Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Macha Marumo Mphela
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macha-marumo-mphela.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Macha Marumo Mphela »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It might be my flawed perception of reality, but cancer seems to be the most important disease of our generation. It has passed HIV as the most talked about disease of modern times. There has been quite a concentration on the effects of cancer on our society, and the road to finding a cure has heated up with each passing year. As yet, there is no known cure for this devastating illness. Sylvie Beljanski, however, presents a very curious claim on this subject of cancer cures. She makes a bold claim that a cancer remedy already exists, and it was discovered by her late father, Dr. Mirko Beljanski. The cure is natural, and it has proven its efficacy through clinical trials. Winning the War on Cancer is an interesting account of reasons why the work of Dr. Beljanski was buried and almost destroyed.

The so-called "Big Pharma" is known to be a powerful machine that does everything within its power to control the pharmaceutical market. There is a wealth of information on this topic, and every source claims that the pharmaceutical industry is populated by self-serving execs who want nothing but to make as much profit as possible from the health of society. This book perpetuates that view, and it goes a little further by revealing real-life scenarios that claim to prove this to be true.

One thing I admire about this book is that it feels honest. I have reservations about a lot of the information shared in the book, but I respect how it is presented. The author is passionate about bringing the truth to light, and she is unshakable in her pursuit. The author doesn't make blind claims, but she offers further reading to almost everything stated in the book. That's great because it gives the book some validity.

I'm generally not enthusiastic about conspiracies, and this book has plenty. When it comes to pointing the finger at "Big Pharma" and politicians, the book makes unsubstantiated claims. It's unfortunate, but it's understandable. There's no real way to prove that these institutions have an active agenda against alternative, natural therapies and cures.

What I can say for sure is that I am highly intrigued by the contents of this book. It shows that things aren't black and white, that there may be things that exist in the dark that we may not be privy to. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

I think that this book is educational, and it has the potential to broaden our thinking. I would recommend it to those who are fond of alternative medicines. It's the kind of book that would appeal to people who aren't afraid to try new things, those who see the world as a place of hidden treasures meant to be discovered.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”