Review of Suicidal Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Suicidal Love

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Suicidal Love" by Laneen A Haniah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Suicidal Love, Laneen A. Haniah recounted her traumatic life, from her childhood into her teenagehood and through to her adult life. She was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) as a child and was given a limited time to live. She tried to experience life with the little time she had. Fortunately, she survived. Later on, she had to deal with bipolar disorder. Laneen's story in Suicidal Love followed her relationship with three men and their impact on her life. The first man was her husband. It was a Christian but loveless marriage they endured for ten years. The second man was the one she called her BF. The third man was Keb; his presence in her life sent her on the road to both destruction and salvation. Read the story to find out how.

Laneen's account of her life was raw. She held nothing back in telling the story of her turbulent journey through life. Her language was strong and steeped with profane puns. The bluntness of her storytelling may be too graphic for some readers who would do well to heed the disclaimers that the author inserted in the book. Laneen added an artistic feel to the book with the poems she included. It showed the author's genuineness and willingness to take responsibility for the roles she played in her experiences.

There were many emotional moments in this book that could cause a few tears of pain and anger in readers at the level of perversion in this world. I marveled at how the author could have survived all she went through. One of the things I loved about Suicidal Love was that it could be a guide for people on the things to look out for to avoid similar experiences. It also provided a pathway to help overcome such experiences. It was as though Laneen was saying to readers: "I would show you my mistakes and experiences so you would not make them."

As readers would quickly discover, Suicidal Love was a book that exposed the dynamics of mental illness and the importance of paying attention to mental health. More than ever, a book like this plays a significant role in a generation filled with triggers that negatively affect mental health. The book was a long but necessary read. Beyond the book's final chapters that addressed those with a mental illness, the entire story showed the author's life, patterns of thought, and behavior that should be identified as defective. The author also provided helpful resources for those with mental illness and sexual abuse and trauma victims.

Suicidal Love was an exceptionally well-edited, informative, and helpful tool, and as such, there was nothing to dislike. This book would be best suited for readers who grapple with mental illness, especially those bordering on suicidal thoughts. I'd rate it four out of four stars.

Suicidal Love
View: on Bookshelves
Josephine Mercy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephine-mercy.html
Latest Review: In the Shadow of an Irish God by SD Barry

Post by Josephine Mercy »

Laneen's life story is one of a kind to read. Nice review.
Daryl Jenkins
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Daryl Jenkins »

Laneen life story was rough but a beautiful one and it has a very nice review. I thought this book was good I would like to read the whole thing
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

First off, I wanna send a warm hug to Laneen. One of her health issues, I also have so I think some of her thoughts are the same as mine. I like how open she was, and as she said, she wants to show her mistakes so we won't do it. You are such an inspiration Laneen and have a good heart. I would love to read this book to find out how Laneen battles her mental illness. Great review Sam.
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

This book is suspenseful and well-detailed. In actual fact, I love the book cover and the storyline is intriguing and captivating. I look forward to reading this book. Great review.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

it is a strongly titled book, Laneen has led tumultuous life but to share the deepest darkest parts of her life to help others is very couragous of her. Thank you for this well analyzed review.
Hillary Obigwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Hillary Obigwa »

I really go with the best this storyline really tracks down my memory nerves .I love reading it mornings for it goes hand and hand with chill it's really a vibe reading the coverage ..
Hillary Obigwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Hillary Obigwa »

I really go with the best this storyline really tracks down my memory nerves .I love reading it mornings for it goes hand and hand with chill it's really a vibe reafing the coverage ..
Oluwasegun Timothy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwaseguntimothy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Oluwasegun Timothy »

Going through all this and to still be like 'Hey, I'm sharing this with the world' that's beyond impressive. Laneen made her mess into a message and I honestly think that's the best thing anyone could do. Good review, by the way.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”