Review of Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Sim. Chinese Edition)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Pyagbara Gbenedum Daniel Justice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pyagbara-gbenedum-daniel-justice.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Sim. Chinese Edition)

Post by Pyagbara Gbenedum Daniel Justice »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Sim. Chinese Edition)" by Peter Liptak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Sim. Chinese Edition) is one of a kind, consisting of nearly 300 North American idioms for learners who desire to colour their use of English. The author of the book, Peter Liptak, broke the barriers of language restrictions by structuring it to reflect some primary languages. Idioms are literature, and literature is creativity. Creative learners and educators should be pleased with the sight of this book. The author chose the first volume to capture idioms in use today and arranged it to arouse easy reading and comprehension with a clear explanation of their meanings and how to use them in everyday life effectively.

I like this book because it is suitable for primary, intermediate, and advanced students who intend to grasp English better. Educators can digest and convey as the book can as a classroom textbook. The book is well structured in a series of 25 chapters. Each chapter introduced a different sphere of lifestyle not limited to traveling, visits, meetings, and shopping. Hence, learning, writing, and speaking out these selected and frequently used idioms in everyday conversations can never go wrong.

The book's positive aspects are that; it is available in different language editions, such as Spanish, Chinese, German, etc., and professionally translated for traditional and simple natives. I read the Chinese edition, which was on point and captivating. The English text is flawless and exceptionally edited. I believe that other editions would follow suit in terms of excellent editing. The introduction of puzzles and games in the book made understanding easy and fun. The book has no grammatical or typographical errors. I also like that the book is suitable for all religions since it contains no vulgar or profane words.

There is nothing to dislike about the book. However, one negative aspect of the book is that some idioms appear archaic and redundant, like the 'Wake up call.' Nevertheless, some readers might appreciate them for being old-fashioned.

The book was exceptionally edited, well-structured, and logical. Given the circumstances, I give it a perfect 4 out of 4 stars. The author deserves an accolade. I sincerely believe I will read the book a second time as I await Volume 2.

I strongly recommend the book Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Sim. Chinese Edition) to students, educators, and community members to heighten their use of English. It is even handier for those learning English as a second language, especially those who read and speak the Chinese language.

Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Sim. Chinese Edition)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”