Review of "LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BENARD ACHUKU
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benard-achuku.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Review of "LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"

Post by BENARD ACHUKU »

[Following is a volunteer review of ""LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"" by Peter Simon Karp.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

LOGJAM of a Beauteous Mind: An Infinitely Gentle Woman by Peter Simon Karp is a memoir of his wife and her battle with cancer. The couple are surprised when Mona, a non-smoker, is diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer after developing a deep cough with shortness of breath after her trip to London. This news shocks them, and they solicit a second opinion, which yields similar results. After that, they start combating the disease. In this memoir, Karp reports the scenes of their life after the diagnosis: the struggles, the pain, and how all these things affected them. The author recounts how the cancer treatment caused side effects on his wife. He equally discusses his experience as a caregiver for a cancer patient, since he resigned his job to take care of his wife.

I love this book because it offers a picture of what families go through when a loved one is diagnosed with cancer. In addition, it provided to me a scope of what the treatment does to the patient before they get better. This is an emotional book that can make you shed tears as you turn the pages. The love the author shows for his wife is great. It was a touching scene for me to register him stand with her till the end and be her care giver. Not many people will stand by you when you are draining them financially and emotionally. The memoir nudges us toward the deadliness of cancer.

I did not detect anything to dislike about the book. The writer described the scenes so effectively that I did not encounter any gaps. This is a remarkable story of love between the couple amidst threats of death. The recounted conversations are particular in their precision and authenticity. The book left me with a picture of Mona as a woman of strength and excellent mind, despite experiencing a terrible phase of life.

I issue this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because I encountered no editorial errors. The book maintains a logical approach, and the scenes are recorded chronologically; therefore, it is effortless for the reader to follow the events. The phrases employed are equally distinct and easily understandable. The chronicle is also very descriptive, so I could clearly picture the scenes in my mind. The language adopted in the writing is intelligible and understandable.

I believe this is an informative book and will recommend it to people who have cancer patients and also those who don’t. From this book, they will gain beneficial insights into cancer and the treatment journey.

"LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”