Review of Bambara

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sylvia James 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sylvia-james-1.html
Latest Review: Findin9 H2OM3 by Jameson B Grant

Review of Bambara

Post by Sylvia James 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bambara" by Joseph Eidelberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bambara: Uncovering the Hidden Footsteps from the Pillar of Fire to the Rising Sun, by Joseph Eidelberg. This book is written in the first-person narrative and takes us through Joseph's journey of discovering historical connections and religions. Joseph was an excellent army officer, industrial manager, and brilliant scholar.

This book starts with Joseph telling us about his hobby: visiting and seeing places where people devote their lives to religion, just like the monks in the monasteries. However, aside from his hobby, he searched for a life-long truth about his nation's past. Joseph was a very adventurous man. He travelled across countries like the Ivory Coast, Japan, and many others. Joseph had the habit of learning the local language of each country he visited. During his journey, He visited Northern Ivory Coast and tried to study their language, called Bambara; he discovered that the Bambara language sounded much like the Hebrew language. As a result of that discovery, he became motivated to learn more about how possible it was for the Hebrew language to be spoken in Africa.

This book consists of 12 chapters and is divided into two parts. The second part talked mainly about how Joseph tried to discover the connections between the Israelites' history and culture in the journey from Egypt to Canaan and how Hebrew connects to the Japanese. I enjoyed this book; I could flow with its stories as they came from the Bible. The stories about the ten plagues and the Israelite crossing of the Red Sea are familiar to me as a Christian. I am not a lover of history, but with how this book narratively and comprehensively explains the past, I became more interested.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. This book was an exciting and educational read. The picture helped to depict a scene of what the author describes. The map helped to identify known locations that he told. The dictionary at the end of the book is a very brilliant idea. It helped me learn new words in different languages.

I rate this book four out of four stars because all the details about religion, languages, and biblical stories are well-proven. This book is an eye-opener for historians. This book was professionally edited, although I found minimal errors. There was no use of profane words in this book. I recommend this book to anyone or students who are into language, history, and international relations. I would also recommend this book to primarily Christians because there were more references to the Bible. I would have loved to recommend it to people of other religions, but some may find bible references offensive. This book was educational. Grab a copy now.

Bambara
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”