Review of Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Review of Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sylvie Beljanski is the daughter of Dr. Mirko Beljanski, director of research at the Pasteur Institute in Paris. Sylvie Beljanski wrote Winning the War on Cancer to tell a story and share a wealth of knowledge started by her father. Dr. Mirko Beljanski was a biologist-biochemist who believed that a different approach, outside the conventional, should be pursued if we must find a solution to cancer. This belief motivated Dr. Mirko to establish a private research laboratory aimed at using integrative medicine to cure cancer. However, Dr. Mirko Beljanski's belief met strong opposition from the oncology community, pharmaceutical companies, and the government. This book is about one man's quest to cure cancer with natural plant extracts. Did he succeed? Was the opposition strong enough to stifle his dream? The rest of this book has an answer to the above questions.

In this book, I saw the importance of resilience and courage when pursuing a dream. Pao Pereira is the plant from which Dr. Beljanski made the extract that could cure cancer. The author would need a constant supply of this plant if she had to establish a foundation to carry on with her father's research. In trying to get this plant, the author moved from France to French Guiana and finally to Brazil. On this quest, she experienced cultural shock, slept in a mud house, and even had an accident at sea that capsized their boat. She never gave up until she found a supply of this rare plant in one of the remotest areas of Brazil.

Another thing I like about this book is the author's commitment to finding a lasting cure for cancer. What motivated me to purchase this book was the author's pledge to give 100 percent of the proceeds from the sale of this book to her foundation. Sylvie's foundation was established to help advance research toward the eradication of cancer.

On the other hand, the author described the villagers in the Amazon Forest where the Pao Pereira is cultivated as "dirty." Well, I feel they are just a unique group of people who are not privileged to experience civilization. How can you label them "dirty" if they are the solution to the supply of the rare plant you are looking for? This is the only aspect of the book that I disliked.

This book was an eye-opener for me. The author explained that the monopoly pharmaceutical companies enjoy is because they have millions to fund research and clinical trials. Although this book contains some difficult-to-pronounce botanical names, the author simplified her writing with simple words for easy understanding. The editors of this book did great work with the editing. Considering the above, I am giving this book a rating of four out of four stars .

I recommend this book to cancer researchers. The information in this book may prove to be vital in helping humanity in its quest to defeat cancer. This book will also be helpful to medical practitioners who wish to employ integrative medicine in cancer treatment.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I appreciate the author for writing out this inspiring book. Cancer is a deadly disease and not everyone had the grace to survive it the way she did. Wonderful review Welldone!!!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I haven’t read the book, but i do know that there are many types of cancer. Is she doing research that will cure them all?
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

This book is educational, I never knew that cancer is of different types, cancer is a bad disease I don't want anyone to experience a nice review.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

it's a very realistic and sad truth that those who create cures for serious diseases are met by opposition from the government or the medical industry and are shut down to prevent them from getting a cure and stopping the flow of income. great book with priceless knowledge
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

It's disheartening to see what Sylvie’s father went through at the hands of the French government. A treatment that most likely would have brought the cure for cancer.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

It's a sad reality that individuals who develop remedies for dangerous ailments face hostility from the government or the medical business and are shut down to prevent them from finding a solution and stopping the flow of cash. amazing book with essential knowledge
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski details how to use integrative medicine in curing disease. I enjoyed every chapter in this masterpiece.
Wamala Elijah Mul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliwamala.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Wamala Elijah Mul »

Regrettably, those who discover cures for lethal diseases are frequently met with antagonism from the government or the medical system, which frequently results in their efforts being thwarted. A fantastic book that is packed with insights that are of great value.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?
17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.
Rosandra Hosein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosandra-hosein.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Rosandra Hosein »

Lovely review! I'm currently reading this book. As a woman in the medical field, this author inspires me.
Rosandra Hosein

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”