Official Review: Keeping the Faith by John W. Pozzi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
debo9967
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debo9967.html
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover

Official Review: Keeping the Faith by John W. Pozzi

Post by debo9967 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Keeping the Faith" by John W. Pozzi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Keeping the Faith by John W. Pozzi is essentially a book of inspirational quotes that Pozzi has penned down over the years. The book is divided into five chapters, with each chapter further subdivided into two sections, the first section consisting of a set of questionnaires followed up with the second section containing the inspirational quotes. The book is in the line of self help books. The reader can finish reading the book in less than an hour, which makes it quite a short read.

The idea behind the quotes is to understand and appreciate oneself, which will enable the reader to help others. I liked the progression of the chapters in the book. The arrangement of the questionnaires and lists is also quite different from other self-help books. I liked this concept of asking oneself questions and making lists, introduced by the author. This idea would involve the reader in the book and help the reader introspect while reading. The book would be useful for the reader, only if he/she follows the steps given out by the author. Simply reading through the book will not be good enough.

Some of the quotes written down by the author are helpful in our day-to-day lives. This quote, for example, focuses on team work and relationships, “There is no ‘I’ in the words team or love- so stop trying to insert it into places that requires working with others”. Another one of his quotes is quite motivational, “Never give up on that one thing you can’t stop thinking about in your life.” What I really liked about these quotes was that they were so simple to understand and relatable to our lives. The author does not preach moral science throughout the book, but gives out good, practical advice to his readers.

The motto of the book is to keep faith in God and learn from the negative experiences in life, not keep reliving them. The book would prove quite helpful in motivating the readers to realize their dreams and believe in their ability to fulfill their dreams. The author doesn’t stop at helping out the readers only, he encourages them to go out and help others too. This would help the readers link other people to thoughts and advice given in the book. I have nothing negative to say about this book. In my opinion, the author does a good job of motivating his readers and inspiring them to bring about a change in their lives.

I rate the book 4 out of 4, since it is a good, motivational self-help book.

Keeping the Faith
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like debo9967's review? Post a comment saying so!
gali
Site Admin
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Unnatural Death
Bookshelf Size: 2150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Thank you for the nice review. 8)
She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
debo9967

Post by debo9967 »

AuPhalanx
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by AuPhalanx »

Excellent review. Thank you very much!
debo9967

Post by debo9967 »

Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

Sounds like a nice easy read. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco
debo9967

Post by debo9967 »

Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

I like your review. In the world we live in today, people need all the motivation they can get. Self-help books, I've lately discovered, is overly underrated.
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
debo9967

Post by debo9967 »

AuPhalanx
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by AuPhalanx »

Leon Durham wrote:I like your review. In the world we live in today, people need all the motivation they can get. Self-help books, I've lately discovered, is overly underrated.
Quite true, Leon. The way we're inundated with "all the news that's fit to make one dreary and depressed," it's not only nice but often necessary to remind ourselves that in reality life is -- and people are -- essentially good. Even on the personal level, while "bad" things happen, more often than not, if one looks at the big picture, there is way more good than bad. And "Keeping the Faith" reminds us of that. And sets us on a positive course.

THANKS!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”