Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lucy_D_Licious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-d-licious.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Lucy_D_Licious »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

On a quest to find spiritual healing and strengthen her broken spirit, Tina Dreffin embarked on a remarkable journey to the South Pacific. She shares her thoughts, fears, and experiences in the book titled Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa.

Tina is an adventurous and intelligent woman. She quits her job when she becomes a victim of sexual assault by co-workers. At her brother's wedding, Tina meets the love of her life. Peter shares a similar passion for adventures. They start a family and give birth to two sons, and the whole family embarks on an exciting journey to Africa. The journey is dangerous as they encounter deadly waves and sea animals. Despite the dangers, they finish their journeys triumphantly.

This book is a memoir of the author's life. She talks about her life before marriage and after. It covers the story of her adventures with her family. They visited Cape Town, Jeffrey's Bay, Skeleton Coast, and many more. I enjoyed the author's narrative skills. She effortlessly depicted several cultural aspects of the places they visited. The author left no encounter untouched. This is a fully detailed memoir of her life experiences.

I love the characters in the book. They are well-developed and relatable. The book portrays the author as a beautiful and strong woman. Despite her tragic experience, she remained a loving wife and caring mother. She and Peter shared a rare and genuine love. The book taught me the importance of spending quality time with family and good friends.

The author carefully interweaves past and present experiences perfectly. She talked about sexual assault in the book. It is quite unfortunate that she was a victim of this cruel act. She also spoke about how she suffered a miscarriage. Her family stood together through the turbulent times. This book is inspiring.

I found nothing to dislike in the book. It teaches several themes, such as love, courage, healing, and resilience. Due to its professional editing, I found no grammatical or typographical errors. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Readers have a lot of lessons to learn from this book. Tina also shared tips on things to do and not do while sailing. Readers who wish to travel can find this helpful.

I recommend this book to memoir lovers and anyone who loves adventure books. People who enjoy sailing will find this book appealing. If you are searching for a heartwarming family story, this book is the right one.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”