Review of Strategies of heaven

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of Strategies of heaven

Post by Aisha Yakub »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Strategies of heaven" by K. Jerome Anderson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

K. Jerome Anderson describes his Strategies of heaven as "God's Holy Word Encyclopedia", and that is exactly what it is. In this book, you will find many words used in the Bible and their meanings. Also, there are graphic images to give readers a vivid picture of the words that they try to understand.

There are names of people, places, and events that are associated with the Bible in this book. The words are alphabetically ordered, so you can search for a word based on its initial letter. If you want to find out about biblical terms, this is the book for you.

I was amazed at the graphic content of this book. There were words I did not expect any image to accompany, but the creative mind of the author can be seen around all the words in this book. I liked that the author listed words that seemed already known and explained them. Also, I found this book to be quite insightful. There were some new words that I learned. In addition, this book provided the difference between similar terms. "Barabbas" and "Barnabas" are two similar terms that a lot of Bible readers find confusing. A book like this should easily help readers make a distinction. Apart from the meanings of the words, the author included the parts of the scriptures where these words could be found. I found this to be a helpful reference book, and I believe that children should learn a lot from reading it.

One of the drawbacks I encountered was that this book was not professionally edited. I found several common errors in this book. Many words were not spelled correctly. Also, the words and images were not properly aligned on some of the pages of this book. The spacing of the fonts was problematic. In many cases, it was difficult to tell if there was a space observed after a full stop. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It was visually appealing, but I believe that more attention should be paid to the little details of this book to make it a masterpiece. Also, the editing of this book made me deduct a star. If this book undergoes another round of editing and formatting, it should receive a perfect rating.

I recommend this book to teenage Christians. This is a book based on the Bible, and it is meant to help educate young readers. Older Christian readers should also find this book helpful.

Strategies of heaven
View: on Bookshelves
Tisha Mosley
Currently Reading: The Banned Book about Love
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Tisha Mosley »

The details you provided are precisely the reason why is that there’s a herd mentality revolving around The Holy Bible as a reflection of life rather than redemption of life. I would read this nook just to have a glimpse of ideas on where you pointed out the confusion and misunderstood.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This Christian book sounds like a fun read with colorful illustrations depicting the author’s idea. Thank you for the well-written review.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

This sounds like an insightful and meaningful book of which anyone interested and passionate about Christianity would enjoy thoroughly! Well done on a well explained review and hooking the readers to get this book.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

So, it's a biblical dictionary with pictures. It will be useful for readers who might be looking for something to explain biblical terms clearly. Thank you for the review!
maycherono91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maycherono91.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by maycherono91 »

The cover of the book is interesting. I hope the contents of the book match up with the cover.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

This book is very informative from what I could get from your review. It will be really useful in understanding the Bible more. Thank you for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”