Review of Burn Zones

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rowan The-First
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rowan-the-first.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review of Burn Zones

Post by Rowan The-First »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In cycling, burn zones are those short periods that require an extraordinary effort and are the ones that separate the winners from others. There are also burn zones in real life. Burn Zones is the memoir of Jorge P. Newbery showing the different burn zones he passed through from an age of seven-years. I enjoyed reading his lists of flaws and strengths because they are almost the same.

The memoir starts at a time when Jorge is still seven-years-old and he is asking for a job to deliver newspapers, despite his young age. This was in 1973. At 11, he started his first business of ice cream vending. At 13, he worked as a busboy. He started his recording company when he was below 18-years and he dropped out of school at 16. He went on to pursue a career in cycling where he learnt many life lessons. He started working for a real estate company and made a very big fortune out of it. He started his own real estate company with a colleague. This company succeeded in changing non profitable real estates into profitable ones. He was very good at taking risks. Due to his success, he decided to take on bigger ventures that included the Woodland Meadows unit that ruined everything in his business life. But through all the challenges he had not to give up, but how did he manage to recover?

What I liked most about this book is that it has real life images of the author’s life. These images show that this story is real and not a work of fiction. I also liked the marketing tips that the author used to make his businesses successful. The life shown in this book is unique, and at times, I couldn’t believe what I was reading. The author used an easy-to-understand language while writing this memoir. The people in his life are well-developed, and I got a chance to know them.

Reading this story has helped me to realize the need to know when to quit. The author didn’t quit when it was required, and this costed him a lot. The negative impacts of racism are well-depicted in this book. The author’s character is very great, and I liked it. He is a sympathetic and an open-minded person. There is nothing that I disliked about this book. It is well-edited. I found only one error.

A 4 out of 4 stars rating is suitable for this book. I am rating it like this because I found nothing to dislike about it. I recommend this book to people in real estate businesses and to business owners who think that they are failures. The book will act as an inspiration to them.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
What's the reason for your creation, Who really created you and why. Kind regards, That's Rowan of Islam. :?: :tiphat:
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

I love your opening statement. Those short periods of pain that one has to push past to reach their goal truly make all the difference. The author seems like a dedicated individual and I’m certain that his story is worth reading and being inspired by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”