Review of Pebbles on the Journey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Pebbles on the Journey

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pebbles on the Journey" by Artistry V! (Thomas R. Vanhook, Jr.).]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

PEBBLES on the Journey!: A journal of collections; life stories of thought, lessons and inspirations by Thomas Vanhook, Jr. (Artistry V) is a non-fiction book founded on the inspiration of purpose and destiny. “Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny—a purpose to fulfill, a message to deliver, or work to complete." Divinely, Thomas had found a way to recognize the purpose and plans destined for him from his birth. The book is an “anthology" of nine inspirational stories from the author's life. These stories are lessons of life that Thomas had somehow managed to get by and has now eventually turned into a book for you and me to read.

In this book are stories featuring the limitless possibilities possessed by each human soul when God is brought into the picture. The main goal of this book is to bring readers to the point of self-acceptance, love, motivation, and inspiration, to actualize every hidden potential deposited in them by God on their journey of life.

The beginning of this book, with the first story, “Say Yes," was a good start to understanding the motive behind the author's writing. As he was referred to in the book, Thomas was very open-minded in detailing his experiences at various points in his life descriptively. Born in November 1960, Thomas has made it through several decades and has created his journey into an inspiring story. In the “Cresse Salad story," Thomas drafted a vital lesson from an ordinary situation. Many of his experiences in this book might be considered trivial at first, but the beauty crafted out of them is always incomparable. The words in the story were also a perfect communication of the writer's thoughts and feelings at every point in time. An example of this was the spirit-inspired letter he delivered to the Unity Fellowship Church (UFC) congregation in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Every inspirational book has an expected balance between good and bad times to help readers visualize the diverse seasons in the protagonist's life. And this was not lacking in PEBBLES on the Journey!: A journal of collections; life stories of thought, lessons and inspirations. The author was open to telling of his struggles and difficulties on his journey. An instance of this was when he lost his job and his only brother in the same period. Even though the book was only a part of his life experiences, readers would be able to understand the kind of individual Thomas was. And from my reading experience, I can testify that he is an interesting character.

My rating of PEBBLES on the Journey!: A journal of collections; life stories of thought, lessons and inspirations is four out of four stars. The descriptive writing style and the peculiarity of his experience were enthralling, especially the didactic aspect. I have no negative aspects to complain about.

I recommend this book to anyone who is going through a difficult time. This is an excellent read to inspire any reader and put them back on the exciting path of purpose and destiny. The book was well edited since it has only an error.

Pebbles on the Journey
View: on Bookshelves
Luchris Curtis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-curtis.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Post by Luchris Curtis »

I agree with the fact that everyone that exists has a purpose and destiny. I'd love to read the stories and inspirations that were mentioned by the author. Thanks for your honest review.
Pretty Mdladla
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: Quotlogjam of a beautious mind
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretty-mdladla.html
Latest Review: "LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND" by Peter Simon Karp
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Pretty Mdladla »

Recommended for those who are going through though times indeed!! .This is the one , written in a way to see life in another angle, experiences of hardships in life can be conquered if you believe so.Thomas R Vanhook experience a lot when he lost his job and his brother as well ,it's so interesting to read how the situation was overcame. Congratulations on BOTD.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”