Review of Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jose Cortez1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jose-cortez1.html
Latest Review: Why Punish Me? by Michael Moloney

Review of Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead

Post by Jose Cortez1 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead" by Eric and Alexandra Right.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Higher Connections by Eric and Alexandra Right is a book based purely on research and personal experience. Eric, under a pen name, shares his personal experience with marijuana and how it helped him change for the better by making deeper connections with people, especially his wife, Alexandra (Alexandra is a pen name too). The writer took us through his journey of soul searching and self-awareness, which was aided by marijuana. The writer made sound arguments backed up by research on the concept of the third eye, the simulation theory and dispersing theory. The writer hopes that through this book, the readers also get to experience and understand deeper and meaningful connections.

What I consider as the chief positive aspect of this book is that aside from it being centered on the writer's experience, I see this book as a medium that encourages people to come out more, to be more in tune with themselves and not be afraid to discover things on their own rather than living under the dictates of society(in this case religion). I also liked how flexible the book was. It felt like you could see and hear the writer. For such a serious book, I must also commend the humour and sarcasm employed, and it was dispersed perfectly.

This may not be considered as much of a negative aspect, but I think it would have been better if the writer also shared his experiences from his children's point of view. Though they are not of age, I feel like it would go a long way in helping families that want to adopt the same methods as him, families who are probably with much older children. This is because what society says about marijuana is different from what the writer says, so in order to avoid conflicts and alterations of views, I believe this would go a long way. The science jargon also got overwhelming, and then you would be left wondering what the actual profession of the writer was, but this only shows that due diligence was carried out in the writing of this book. I also wish that the writer would use an indicator for the end of Alexandra's Note and Eric's Note. That way, one wouldn't have to backtrack as a result of the confusion.

Despite the minute errors and the fact that I did not agree with a few of his theories and speculations, I still give this book 4 out of 4 stars because of how sound and well-articulated the writers' theories were.

I recommend it to people with agnostic views, open-minded people, lovers of science that believe in the big bang theory over the creation story in the Bible, those seeking deeper and higher connections and maybe weed(marijuana) lovers.

Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”