Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tina Dreffin's memoir of a wild family adventure into Africa was explicitly expressed in her book, Bluewater Walkabout. She was a victim of rape and sexual assault in the past because of her quest to climb the ladder of wealth and power, including other beautiful things life offers as well, not neglecting her naivety. Her life became interesting afresh when she married her life partner, Peter, who was a friend of her elder brother. Fortunately, they both possess the same thirst for adventure and the unknown as their two kids, Adam and Warren. She was diagnosed with breast cancer, which kept the family dream of sailing to the South Pacific Expedition on hold, but she was still optimistic, giving herself a promise to get back on the Bluewater Highway.

This book was interesting, and I wished the author would have continued; it opened my eyes to various activities and events that took place on a journey of adventure. At some point, the various experiences they had with some wild animals thrilled me, as it seemed like I was present at the event. The courage, strength, and calmness she exhibits in the face of opposition are worth emulating. I learned some parental techniques used in handling situations that involve kids creating no form of dispute. I appreciate the uniqueness of having a life partner that has the same passion and complements each other, which avoids problems in your marital life and makes you live a life of fulfillment and happiness.

There was nothing I disliked about this book, as pictures of events and people were not only very clear but presented colorfully, making it exciting to read. Tina is full of optimism as she didn't let her unpleasant experiences in the past define her but sees it as an avenue to impact victims of such, as she outlined tips on solutions in different areas concerned. I could understand the importance of seeking medical aid from qualified professionals when necessary and stopping self-medication and assumptions, as they can ruin our lives.

I had no choice but to give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars, as I enjoyed it. This book was professionally edited as there were only a few errors I encountered, but that didn't interfere with my flow of reading as she explained everything in clear terms.

I recommend this book to those eager to get details on what an adventure looked like for victims of assault and rape, sensitizers, social bodies, lovers of wildlife, and families. Finally, I also recommend it to travelers and sailors.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

Being a South African I was mesmerized by Tina and her family's crazed adventures to venture arount the atlantic ocean. Such a beautiful memoir.
Silvia Pearl
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-pearl.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Silvia Pearl »

This sounds like an adventurous journey to me. The book seems really engaging with its various aspects of life. Wonderful review thank you.
Thera reads
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thera-reads.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Thera reads »

Adventure can also teach you valuable life skills such as problem-solving and resilience.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

I couldn't put Bluewater Walkabout down! Tina Dreffin's passion for adventure and her love for the sea shine through every page. It's a captivating story that will leave you longing for your own oceanic exploration.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”