Review of Insights from Inside

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Richard Azubike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-azubike.html
Latest Review: Insights from Inside by Alan W. Wintermute

Review of Insights from Inside

Post by Richard Azubike »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Insights from Inside" by Alan W. Wintermute.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There are a lot of commercial vehicle laws regulating truck drivers in Canada. Given his experience as a former mechanic and paralegal, the author outlined driver's ordeals and provided tips that may be used to remedy such situations. The author understood most drivers have poor legal knowledge. The author compiled several toolkits drivers may employ as a checklist for violating laws and driving better.

Insights from Inside by Alan W. Wintermute is a book about different vehicle laws. Transportation has helped human beings. We can move from one place to another through various transport means. There are laws governing the transportation system. These laws are essential because they guide vehicle users. The author used this book to show readers different laws guiding the usage of vehicles.

The book has some positive sides. The book was educative. I love how the author was detailed in writing the piece. The author explained all terms used in the book. It made the book very simple and easy to understand. For instance, on page 138, the author defines commercial carriers. The author wrote the full meaning of all abbreviations used in the book. For example, on page 138, the author wrote the full meaning of the NSC (National Safety Code). I love how the author discusses laws. Laws are vital. Any organisation without laws would not succeed. This book shows the importance of laws in society. Laws serve as a guide to human beings.

The book has some negative sides. There are a few external links in the piece. For instance, on page 475, the author added a link to a website. Those links distracted me while reading. The book has a few errors. I want the author to correct the errors in the book. The book may be technical for someone who is not a truck driver, primarily through vocabulary. The piece is specific to an industry. The author analysed industrial laws in the book. A person without a legal background may find it difficult to understand.

The author did a good job. I learned a lot about the transportation system. I learned the importance of maintenance from the book. I found a few mistakes in the book, so it is professionally well-edited. Due to my negative sides, I would rate it 3 out of 4 stars and recommend the book to anyone who wants to read about different Canadian laws governing vehicle usage.

Insights from Inside
View: on Bookshelves
Davey Chijindu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davey-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Davey Chijindu »

This is an interesting and fund to read book. I learned about different car laws in Canada. The author used experience and his knowledge in transport system in writing this book. Quality review
Vivian Adaugo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Vivian Adaugo »

This book is as niche as they come. It is best suited for truck drivers in Canada who might want to know the ins and outs of the law pertaining to their trade. The book would be such a helpful tool to such an audience. But I would pass on it.
Nwoko E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-e.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwoko E »

This seems like quite a very educative book. Can't wait to read!
Covenant M Olusegun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-m-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2022 Reading Goal: 25
2022 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Covenant M Olusegun »

It's so thoughtful of the author to write a book concerning commercial vehicles laws for drivers, this book is a must read for Canadian drivers
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Insights from Inside by Alan W. Wintermute discussed how a driver's experience helped make driving laws. I will sure read this because I drive. Thanks for the review.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
2022 Reading Goal: 40
2022 Goal Completion: 72%

Post by Regard003 »

So if I intend to go to Canada, this book is like an head start to Canada driving laws... Nice. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”