Review of How To Live: Change Your Path: Learn From My Mistakes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of How To Live: Change Your Path: Learn From My Mistakes

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How To Live: Change Your Path: Learn From My Mistakes" by Trina Jordan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In How To Live: Change Your Path: Learn From My Mistakes, Trina Jordan gives her experiences with relationships and marriage struggles. Having undergone two failed marriages, the author decided to stick to dating without sexual interactions. Every date came with its experience, both good and unpleasant.

Trina decided to leave the United States for Canada. Another trial and error in relationships proved futile. Giving up with men, Jordan decided it was time to enjoy the life she had always desired, so she traveled the world. She went to Paris, France. While looking for studios that teach defense classes, Trina encountered Nohn, a gay man, and there began a remarkable friendship. Coincidentally, Nohn owned a martial arts studio. Time went by, and the two maintained a close relationship. Trina moved to Italy, purchased a cottage, and began teaching defense classes. In a twist of fate, Nohn confessed he developed sexual feelings for her! You'll have to read the book to know Trina's response and the events afterward.

I enjoyed the topic of travel. Trina was not ashamed to move from one place to the other to explore and experience the diversity of various people. She was unlucky in the relationship and marriage docket, so traveling would soothe her while compensating for the time lost in the failed marriages.

I cherished how the author encouraged teenagers and young adults to sign up for defense classes as a substitute for involving in recreational drugs, weed, alcohol, cigars, and other harmful substances. Furthermore, Trina and her hubby taught their children self-defense techniques and even went ahead and enrolled other kids. Her passion for martial arts was undoubted.

With no role model in her teenage and young adult years, Trina had to navigate the relationship and marriage struggles singlehandedly. But ultimately, she found her joy and niche in Italy.

However, I found a few dislikes. One, the author says, "Men in Canada were true gentlemen." Does it mean the men in the United States were not up to the task of being noble husbands? Also, she adds, "The Italian men were what everyone expects them to be." I have no idea what that means. Had I been an Italian man, I'm unsure whether I'd take offense or delight in that statement.

I noted a few errors, so the work has undergone professional editing. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. Following the author's experiences and highlights, I find this book a classic fit for teens and young adults looking to pursue relationships.

How To Live: Change Your Path: Learn From My Mistakes
View: on Bookshelves
Niyi Briggs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niyi-briggs.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Niyi Briggs »

How did the gay man develop sexual feelings for the lady? Wow! This story is incredible and I would love to read it.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I enjoyed reading this review and will be adding this book to my shelves. It sounds like we can learn a lot from this book. I am eager to start it. Thank you for a great review!
lovelynoble45
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lovelynoble45 »

Wow this story just reminded me of my self I will gladly live to read more and earn because i don't know why relationship don't work for me this book is fire there for i m given it a 5 star I love the name to very quick
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

I think as someone looking to get into the dating scene this is a timely book. Thanks for the review.
Okorji98
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Post by Okorji98 »

I cherished how the author encouraged teenagers and young adults to sign up for defense classes as a substitute for involving in recreational drugs. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”