Review of Mindreader

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mister-man.html
Latest Review: The Whims of War by Don R Sampen

Review of Mindreader

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mindreader" by David J. Lieberman, PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mindreader is a mind-blowing book written by David J. Lieberman, PhD, where he gives insights into how people's minds work and how to read them. The book is a very informative book on personality disorders and psychology in general, most especially mind reading. He talks about how one can easily profile and read what a person is thinking by laying out various techniques and things to look out for.

The author of this book gives a detailed insight into the psychological nature of the human mind. He gives us insight into various techniques and methods on how to read humans without necessarily interacting with them. One of these techniques entails ready body language, speech and so on. Now the question is whether the techniques or methods are conclusive enough to properly profile a person's character or personality traits. 

One positive aspect I found in this book is all the interesting information surrounding the psychological nature of the human mind that I learnt from the author's teaching in the book. The book was great, interesting and easy to read. The author's words are clear, precise and not ambitious in any way. I love how when the author introduces a foreign concept, he explains it clearly and also gives several illustrations to create a mental picture of what he is talking about. Reading the book, with the way the author's words and sentences were structured, it felt like I was in a lecture hall having an interactive section with the author on the subject matter. I also love the subject matter of the book, and I found it quite intriguing and interesting to read. I also love that they both were quite educational and informative too. It opened my mind to several things concerning reading people and also taught me things about my mental health and personality traits. It gave me a clear view of how to handle some things like stress. 

I tried to spot a negative aspect of the book but didn't find any. The book was very satisfactory, interesting and informative.  

I found only a few errors in the book. I would say this book was well edited. I rate the book 4 out of 4 because the errors did not affect the message the author was trying to pass through. It was still satisfactory and educational nonetheless. 

I recommend this book to anyone who loves to read psychology books. I also recommend the book to people who are still on a journey of getting to know themselves and battling mental health issues. This book is also for people who wish to have a better understanding of how the human mind works. I also recommend it to psychology students in school. I think it might be of help to them. 

Mindreader
View: on Bookshelves
Jane Omollo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-omollo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Jane Omollo »

The book sounds quite insightful and covers a topic I'd really love to know more about. Thanks for the recommendation.
Odek
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odek.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Odek »

The book seems interesting. I love psychology books I might read this.
MsH2k
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading: My Daddy is in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: One Bad Break by Barry Minnett Jr

Post by MsH2k »

It is hard to grasp the nuances of interactions when you are not speaking with someone face to face. It sounds like the author's techniques and things to look out for would be helpful in understanding a person's real meaning behind their words.

Thank you for your thorough review.
"Intense love does not measure, it just gives."
Mother Teresa

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”