Review of Reclaim Your Life

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: The Three Card Trick by Charles Townsend

Review of Reclaim Your Life

Post by Adaeze Joan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Reclaim Your Life" by Jodi Watkins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We all have a past that we try to forget. And our fear of letting go of it is hindering us from moving forward. In this book, the author underlines the importance of not letting lack of confidence and fear of the unknown stop us from living the life we want.

Growing up in a broken home with both of her parents being addicts, Jodi became used to things not working in her favor. She lost direction and sought validation from others instead of doing what made her happy. In this book, the author encouraged us to believe in ourselves and stay confident in all we do. If not, we would be sad, frustrated, and unhappy. Never limit yourself, and never settle for less. The author also advises us to always stay positive, build our self-confidence, and put God first in all we do.

I loved the fact that the author always made reference to the Bible. At the beginning of each chapter, she made sure to quote a verse from the Bible. She also added links to websites that she felt would be beneficial to us. I enjoyed the author’s conversational writing style a lot. It was quite easy to read and understand the message she was trying to pass across. The author shared bits of her life experiences with us, including her challenges as a single mom and how she was able to pull through. She also talked about how she had helped a lot of her clients. There are a lot of important lessons to learn in this book. For instance, the power of affirmation and also believing in ourselves.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. I enjoyed every bit of it till the end. I did not notice any errors in this book as it was exceptionally well-edited. Therefore, I rate Reclaim Your Life by Jodi Watkins 4 out of 4 stars.

After reading this book, I was able to let go of some of the things I had buried deep within. It made me realize the importance of letting go, and I am grateful for that. I recommend this book, especially to those who need encouragement in order to shun their negativity and self-doubt and step out of their comfort zones. This book is for people who are ready to make a positive change in their lives but need guidance on how to go about it.

Reclaim Your Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
De law
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-de-law.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten

Post by De law »

I agree with everything the author pointed out. When you keep seeking validation from people you will never be happy. Instead, you will feel melancholic.
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Mozi Ken »

It is true that most people have pasts that affect them. I thank the author for writing a book such as this. Congrats on BOTD
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

This seems like a great self-help book. There a re numerous lessons one can gain from this book. I would love to give this book a try. Nice review.
It was well detailed.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
2022 Reading Goal: 115
2022 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Judy O »

I loved your review of this book. As a Christian, books that have important biblical teachings resonate with me. I would love to know more about what became of Jodi.
Ronky279
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronky279.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Ronky279 »

Nice and amazing review. I will definitely read this book. It's intriguing from the review alone.
Bill Williams 1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bill-williams-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Bill Williams 1 »

The author’s tone was conversational and that's what matter the most in any book. I love how it always made a reference to the Bible at every point. It validates the work of the author.
Bri Denzel
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri-denzel.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Bri Denzel »

Not letting a lack of confidence and fear of the unknown stop us from living in the moment is a powerful message to pass. I love this book already.
Ronky279
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronky279.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Ronky279 »

Interesting review. I'd like to give the book a trial. Kudos to a review well written.
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Mozi Ken »

Jodi sounds like a motivating character. What will I learn from her? She must have gone through a lot. Good review.
lawisimportant23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawisimportant23.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by lawisimportant23 »

I heard somewhere that you are your greatest enemy. Great job with the review.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Believing in oneself is one of the most important things in one's life. Jodi's story is enlightening and will do much to teach people how to reclaim their lives. Amazing review for this book.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”