Review of When No One Else Believed

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nicholas Hodge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-hodge.html
Latest Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Review of When No One Else Believed

Post by Nicholas Hodge »

[Following is a volunteer review of "When No One Else Believed" by Ron Tripodo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When No One Else Believed: A Man’s Love for a Woman is a book written by Ron Tripodo that glorifies the goodness of God. This book follows the stories of Ron Tripodo and his wife Patsy as Pasty goes through a terrible infection that leaves her on death’s door. Even though God told Ron that Pasty would be healed Ron explains how he was able to maintain faith in God’s word even though it looked like there was no way Patsy would even recover, and even if she did recover what would her quality of life be? She would have to relearn everything just as if she was a child. This fantastic story of Ron and Patsy takes us through the ups and downs of what believing in God is actually like and what happens when we are able to believe God through the toughest times.

I love how this book is real, and how Ron is able to recall all the ups and downs of life, as he invites us into the inner battle of his mind. He tells us when he drew on the Bible for encouragement, and lets us know when he doubted and almost lost his way. This story really encouraged me in my faith and reminded me that, even when it doesn’t look like it with my own eyes, God is good, and what God has told me personally or through His word will happen in the perfect time. As long as I am willing to trust in Him by acting and preparing for His word to actually happen.

In this book Ron often talks about his ADHD and if you read the book you feel like the author has ADHD, with so many flash backs and rabbit trails it is sometimes hard to follow and easy to get lost. It’s not all bad though, Ron’s random thoughts make it feel like you’re talking to a real person.

I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars, a must read for anyone who wants to believe that God can heal. While at times Ron’s thought process and journey seems superhuman, that is what happens when you know in your spirit that God’s word will happen and the best thing that we can do is begin to act according to our faith, by preparing ourselves for when the promise actually does happen. This is a great book for people of faith who want to be encouraged in God, in His goodness, and in His power to heal.

When No One Else Believed
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”