Review of Mind-Body Temple

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Antoinette and the Story of the Invisible Giraffes by Alison McGregor
2022 Reading Goal: 15
2022 Goal Completion: 113%

Review of Mind-Body Temple

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mind-Body Temple" by Dr Kevin ROD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you someone that struggles with chronic pain? Perhaps the vicious cycle of pain and medication has left you feeling depleted and depressed. Unfortunately, long-term pain can have a damaging effect that bleeds into every facet of life, making the sufferer fear there is no refuge from agony. If this resonates with you, do yourself a favor and pick up Mind-Body Temple by Dr. Kevin Rod.

As a chronic pain sufferer, Dr. Kevin Rod has created a helpful guide for patients. While the information is reasonably straightforward, there is a lot of it. To break the cycle of chronic pain, you need to be willing to put in the work. The holistic approach means employing your entire being—emotional, mental, physical, spiritual, social, and more. While the first half of the book uncovers the markers of chronic pain and diseases/injuries that cause it, the second half is a workbook chock-full of helpful exercises, meditations, affirmations, and food guides to aid in your journey to reduce pain and suffering.

The methods described in Mind-Body Temple can transform your overall health if you commit to the exercises outlined in the book. As someone who deals with chronic pain daily, I felt blessed to come across this book and was hopeful that it would make a difference. However, as a long-time sufferer, I know there is no such thing as quick fixes, so I worked through the pages at an even pace. I diligently practiced each section until it became part of my daily routine, and the transformation was astonishing. My painkiller consumption diminished; my disposition went from sullen to hopeful.

What I loved most about Mind-Body Temple was the author's caring approach which shone through in his writing. There is so much misinformation regarding chronic pain that it is often dismissed as a mental condition. The sufferer then feels the damaging effects of this mindset when they are either ignored or gaslighted by their health care provider. Dr. Kevin Rod used his experience with chronic pain to develop a holistic, gentle, and compassionate plan.

Another thing that I enjoyed was the interactive component. Each section was meticulously organized. For example, one of the necessary steps in the journey to eliminating chronic pain was sleeping well. First, there was a summary of the detrimental effects of sleep deprivation and current sleep recommendations. Then the author would have a plan of action to reach your restorative sleep goals. The same if readers were to go to the chapter about meditation or diet—a quick overview and then a checklist of activities.

The writing was exceptionally edited and worthy of praise. There was nothing to dislike, and I have chosen to give this book a rating of four out of four stars because of its emphasis on the whole-body approach, the caring narrative employed by the author, and its easy-to-implement steps. I would recommend the book to anyone suffering from not only the physical effects of chronic pain but the emotional, financial, and social ones as well.

Mind-Body Temple
View: on Bookshelves
Bri Denzel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri-denzel.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Bri Denzel »

I can't relate to the feeling of pain that leaves one depleted and depreesed, but I will recommend this to people with that experience.
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Post by Mr Excellence »

This book is educating, and informative.
Thanks for the wonderful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”