Review of Living in the Light of the Face of God

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Living in the Light of the Face of God

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Living in the Light of the Face of God" by William M. Simons.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Living in the Light of the Face of God is divided into five segments and several subdivisions. William M. Simons writes chronologically and expounds on every topic he discusses. This aspect enables a reader to learn in-depth about the Lord. The author begins by reminding us of God’s power from the book of Genesis. He created the world and all that it’s in it, including humans. Hence, we can witness God’s supremacy.

William throws us back to when Mary and Joseph were pregnant with Jesus. The former developed a connection with Christ when he was still in her womb. Mary knew her child meant a great deal to the world. The author discusses the Ten Commandments, where he tells us the first three are about our relationship with God. The other seven entail how we relate with people. Additionally, when we pray, we display our faith in God. Also, we believe that the Lord will fulfill our requests. It is through prayer that we establish an intimate connection with God. We learn that our attitude affects our relationship with the Lord.

I enjoyed the lesson on faith and humility. William tells us the biblical story of Simon and his encounter with Jesus while fishing. All night he had not captured a single fish. Fortunately, after meeting with Christ, his net was so loaded that it nearly broke. We perceive the aspect of Simon’s humility in his words and actions.

We need to approach God with an appreciative attitude. For instance, a simple thank you can go a long way during prayer. God has sustained us, kept us healthy, and given us free air to breathe. That calls for appreciation.

One topic that stuck with me was “The Martha Syndrome.” William reminds us of the story of two sisters, Mary and Martha. While the latter was busy with the household activities of being a welcoming hostess, Mary listened attentively to Jesus. Martha played a vital role; however, she missed the divine opportunity of Jesus’ presence.

Having noted only a single grammatical error, I attest the book has undergone professional editing. I did not understand some teachings like the Pascal Mystery and other quotations. That was what I loathed. That said, that aspect did not affect my enjoyment because I learned more about how to connect with God. Therefore, I rate the work 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to readers who would want to read more about God and how to develop a close relationship with Him.

Living in the Light of the Face of God
View: on Bookshelves
UcheNduka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchenduka.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by UcheNduka »

I just observed that the ten commandments is basically about love of God and fellow humans.
The book seems like great enlightenment to the things of the spirit.
Thanks for the wonderful review.
Donald Tau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Donald Tau »

A good book to keep people on track!! It shall be used in educational facilities to spread the word of God in Style
Success Vivian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Success Vivian »

God's word is full of wisdom,his goodness and love.
Thank you William M.Simons for this wonderful one.
Oluoma Chukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-chukwu.html
Latest Review: Lady Justice and The Company by Maury Berthon

Post by Oluoma Chukwu »

I am always interested in books about God and things relating to the spirit. I would be looking forward to reading this one. It seems the author touched a lot of topics that I would love to read about. I enjoyed your review.
Bri Denzel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri-denzel.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Bri Denzel »

A book that teaches in-depth lessons about the Lord will be a great read for all Christians around the world.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”