Review of The World In My Eyes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JonesLeeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 278
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonesleeh.html
Latest Review: The Negotiator’s Cross by Kenneth Dekleva

Review of The World In My Eyes

Post by JonesLeeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The World In My Eyes" by Kayode Michael Arimoro.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book begins with a flashback of the death of George Floyd. Officer Dereck Chauvin killed the victim in broad daylight. This devastating incident attracted protests all over America. However, white supremacy did not begin yesterday.

Michael informs us of some fascinating points. A child's thinking is innocent until their parent influences them. The author gave a scenario from when he was in London. A young girl kept smiling at him. Her mother had not noticed the daughter was smiling at a black man. When she did, she scolded her daughter. The young girl then learned it was inappropriate to smile or talk to a black man. But that lame mentality was only influenced by her mother.

Michael gives firsthand experiences of the discrimination he has encountered as a black man. He then discusses religion and how we should be free to adopt the one we desire. Islamophobia has been promoted in the United States. For instance, when Muslim passengers enter a train, they create attention as though they're terrorists. How can we be leaders in our lives? Is there a way we can positively influence the world?

There's immense honesty in the work, and I enjoyed that. Michael gives lists of examples of his experiences with his family and other diverse people. I loved the liberal-mindedness of the author. While he has been discriminated against before, he does not carry the mantle of hatred or pain with him. Instead, he chooses to set a classic example of a dignified person of color.

I liked the excerpts the author included. They are highlights that complement the points under discussion. Michael reminds us that challenges are part of life, and we should embrace them. Also, we should not allow social media to guide our lifestyle. It should not influence our decisions because numerous people fake a lavish lifestyle on social media.

I noted very few grammatical errors. Therefore, The World In My Eyes by Kayode Michael Arimoro is well edited. I found this book a masterpiece and a turning point of negative thoughts. We can all be a positive influence in other people's lives. One way to do so is by saying no to racial and religious prejudices. I rate the volume a classic 4 out of 4 because I detected nothing to despise. I recommend it to any reader who'd love to view the world from a different yet optimistic perspective.

The World In My Eyes
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”