Review of All For The Love of Dog

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyjim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyjim.html
Latest Review: Leora's Letters by Joy Neal Kidney

Review of All For The Love of Dog

Post by Joyjim »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "All For The Love of Dog" by Ilona Benzel.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dogs can be such fascinating creatures. They often display unique traits and personalities. Trained dogs can be quite entertaining and handy. All For The Love of Dog by L. Benzel relates entertaining stories about dogs.

This 76-paged book relates stories about numerous dogs of different breeds. The stories were first-hand experiences of the author. Many of the stories were hilarious and informative. On page 38, the author related a tale about Riley who got involved in an accident. She received a call about the incident and got on her way to the scene. When she arrived, however, both the car and the dog were gone. Although she searched diligently, the dog was nowhere to be found. Thankfully, the next day brought good news, and the dog was able to receive medical help. Another interesting story I particularly found informative is on page 29. Rex, a shepherd mix, would often bark causing much disturbance. On inspection, the author discovered the cause of his aggravation. This was resolved, and he turned out to be an adorable and wonderful pet.

The numerous stories in this book made for an entertaining read. I was surprised to read about the difficult living conditions some dogs have to endure. The book helped me acquire a new appreciation for the role of shelters and animal caregivers.

I particularly love the author's conversational writing style. It made the narrative entertaining and engaging. Benzel's love for dogs is real and outstanding. She is always ready to provide care and comfort for the dogs that come her way.

My favorite feature of this book is the pictures of the dogs mentioned in the stories. I had a great time matching the pictures to the personalities described in the stories. Some of the stories in the book are nothing short of incredible. One of these can be found on page 31. It relates how a family adopted a dog only for the dog to go missing on that very day. However, the author had found a strayed dog that was then taken to a shelter. Surprisingly, the family was able to locate and readopt the dog after a year.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It was not professionally edited. I found grammatical errors in the text. This is my only dislike about the book. Nevertheless, the stories were such a delight to read. Lovers of dogs will find this book highly entertaining.

All For The Love of Dog
View: on Bookshelves
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

The author sounds like she knew a lot about dogs and liked helping and caring for them. Nice review!
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

This is a non-fiction book where the author shared stories about numerous dogs of different breeds. I'm a lover of dogs and I think this book will be a good read for me. I'm glad this book helped you acquire a new appreciation for the role of animal caregivers. Nice review.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

A book about dogs is not my cup of tea but I would enjoy appreciating the pictures of dogs in the book. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”