Review of Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Review of Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless" by Mitzi Perdue.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue takes a fascinating look at the life of one of the authors of the best-selling Chicken Soup for the Soul book series. Mark Victor Hansen is also a popular lecturer. The author provides details about Hansen’s childhood and upbringing. This assists the reader in understanding his drive and passion for the work he does. She interviewed friends, family, and colleagues to better understand the man behind the success story. She included examples of failures and hardships that he experienced in his life. When experiencing failures or hardships, the key is how you respond to them. Hansen never gave up on his dreams and learned from both his failures and his successes. Hansen was raised to work for what he wanted. When he was a child, he wanted an expensive bike that his family could not afford. However, he learned that if he worked for the money, he could buy it for himself. This created a drive for success and achievement early in his life. It also opened a world for him where anything was possible if he was willing to put in the work.

Mitzi Perdue has written twenty-seven books. This book is unique because it provides a thorough examination of the life of Mark Victor Hansen. However, it also provides lessons for readers to learn from Hansen's experiences and create their own success stories. Perdue stated that she is interested in people who have an enormous impact on the lives of others. In researching their lives, including successes and failures, she looks for common principles or ideologies that encourage this level of success. Her father co-founded and was president of the Sheraton Hotel chain. She was also married to the late Frank Perdue who made a small chicken operation into a massive success. She is familiar with driven and successful people and can provide readers with insight into common characteristics that they can work to develop.

I enjoyed reading this book. Mark Victor Hansen is a fascinating person who has achieved a significant amount of success in his life. However, he has also assisted countless others in achieving success in their own lives. His impact on the world is immeasurable. Whether it is by reading one of his books or attending one of his lectures, people have been impacted and created success in their own lives. It’s difficult to state what I liked most about this book because there were so many positive aspects. It’s not just a biography of a fascinating man. It is also a blueprint for success that readers can learn from and incorporate into achieving their goals. If readers don’t currently have identifiable goals, then this book explains the importance of having them and how to develop them.

I also appreciated the summary at the end of each chapter. Under the heading, “Learn From Mark,” Perdue highlighted the important lessons readers can learn from each chapter. It is an excellent way for readers to focus on the lessons learned from Hansen’s experiences. With these specific lessons identified, readers can consider how they can incorporate each lesson into achieving their goals. The author provided photographs sprinkled throughout the book. They add to the story and identify significant people and events in the life of Mark Victor Hansen. There was nothing that I disliked about this book.

I highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy biographies of fascinating people. I also recommend it to readers with an interest in achieving their goals or creating a plan for success. Even if a person is successful, he or she should always be developing new goals. This book explains how to do that. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed reading it and learned from it. There were less than ten errors in the book, so I believe that it was professionally edited.

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Phil Akor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phil-akor.html
Latest Review: Why Does Government Need to be Funded? by Amphidromus

Post by Phil Akor »

Seems Hansen has the ideal life. A great childhood and a great fighting spirit.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Sounds like a book I’ll love to read.😊 Nice review!
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

This is an inspiring book. Sounds like something that would encourage hard work.
vitalisvicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitalisvicky.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by vitalisvicky »

I was amazed by your review: you really provided a detailed summary of this book. Thanks.
KafeliKe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kafelike.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Post by KafeliKe »

This one seems to be a great read. Thanks for this insightful review. I enjoyed reading it.
Yongama Ntlangula
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Yongama Ntlangula »

I can relate to this. As an initial teacher and and currently working for a catering company, I've faced challenges similar to the one's mentioned. Good narrative.
Faith Ejai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-ejai.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Faith Ejai »

I loved the way you wrote the review. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for providing this useful information.
kampen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kampen.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by kampen »

Fans of biographies might find this to be a pleasant book to read. This book appears to be inspiring as well, as this astute review illustrates. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this book in your excellent review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I read this book and I get to know the inspiring life story of Mark Victor Hansen. I learned from the book that changing careers is fine, it's part of the process. I like how you summarize the book. Great job!
Mav King

Post by Mav King »

You have done a good job with this review. I really enjoyed the summary of the book and I believe you have described everything in a simple way. Will definitely buy this book and read it as soon as possible
Yasmine M
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

It is a noble cause that the author, Mitzi Perdue, is interested in people who have an enormous impact on the lives of others; she does researches and write about their lives. People like Mark Victor Hansen's successes stories need to be celebrated and taught. Thank you for your review and for including a bio of the author. The book surely seems fascinating.
Lilian Nwanwuna

Post by Lilian Nwanwuna »

It's good to see some one who is hardworking and will do anything to achieve their goals. Since Hansen was raise to work for what he wanted it is great thing all he work shall not be in vain
Jenna Floyd
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-floyd.html
Latest Review: Murder Rides a Gale Force Wind by Yvonne Maximchuk

Post by Jenna Floyd »

Thanks for the helpful review. I like that the author summarized the ends of the chapters. I’m excited to check out out and give it a read
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I'm always interested in biographies. I am not familiar with this author but your review makes it very appealing to read. I like how he highlighted all the important things at the end of the chapter. Great job with the review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”