Review of If Anything Follow Your Intuition

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jodeci 007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodeci-007.html
Latest Review: Inspiring Moments by Crystal Holdipp

Review of If Anything Follow Your Intuition

Post by Jodeci 007 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "If Anything Follow Your Intuition" by Jef Frey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“To keep ourselves inspired, motivated, and energized we need to lead ourselves.” - Page 46.

On the road to success, the quote above continues to prove relevant, and an all-important question arises: how do we lead ourselves? Who or what do we follow on the challenging and rough terrains of success? Jef Frey's message is very clear from the title of his book, If Anything Follow Your Intuition. If Anything Follow Your Intuition is presented as a self-help guide to aid readers in harnessing not just the power of their intuition and passion but also several other key values that successful people apply in their lives, from goal achievement and planning to proactivity and awareness of reality, among others.

The author has done a wonderful job of piecing this extremely helpful piece together, which has both reinforced some of the great ideas I have picked up from similar books previously and provided a different dimension that I have not considered in the past. As you commence reading this book, note that it can get overwhelming trying to take in all of its contents at once. Therefore, a better approach would be gradually putting the contents of the book into practice daily.

The first thing I enjoyed about this book was the effort the author put into trying to change readers' mindsets and help readers gain a full understanding of themselves. A lot of us have not even figured out what we are passionate about, do not know how to differentiate between the voices of our heads and hearts, and do not understand the significance of planning and how to go about it. Jef Frey attempts to mold our minds to mirror successful people by introducing these principles to us, and I agree with the author that this is the first and most important step in achieving success, especially when it comes to problem-solving.

Besides employing a straightforward approach in passing his lessons, the author also favors a stepwise approach while explaining the hows of his methods, making the information more accessible and easy to apply for readers. One example of this is the author's presentation of the Maslow Pyramid of human needs, which gives readers a good insight into setting priorities properly. This is one of the tools I found most helpful in this book, and there are a lot of other practical tools included in the same vein.

On a slightly negative note, I did encounter a couple of confusing statements the author made in the book. On page 66, "Don’t confuse importance with value. Specific people, things, ideas, or processes, can be important, but not valuable" serves as an example of this, as I did not get any explanations. Besides this, I did not find any other aspect of the book I did not like. The text is also professionally edited since I found just two errors while reading.

By the end of the book, you will not only get a better understanding of yourself but also understand other people and how to deal with them efficiently. If Anything Follow Your Intuition is a journey to self-discovery and clarity and will equip you with the necessary tools to understand the hows and whys of success. A rating of four out of four stars is in order for this wonderful read. Readers who want to achieve true success and unleash the power of their intuition will greatly benefit from this book.

If Anything Follow Your Intuition
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

This book looks interesting from the review above. And the storyline is my kind of story. Adding it to my shelf for future reading ASAP.
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

You did a great job with this review! This type of self-help book has been popular for a long time, and I hope Frey has provided some helpful advice.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

Self help books are not my type. So, I’ll pass on this. Great review!
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

I commend the author efforts in enlightening the readers on how the principles of success,making them know who they are.
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

This is a self-help book that I'll love to read. Tho reading it will be in subsequent time.
Great review.
Lorato Molaodi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lorato Molaodi »

Great review, I am currently reading a book that touches on the topic of intuition and this sounds like it would help me delve a bit deep on the subject.
Bernisha
Currently Reading: Woman Evolve
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bernisha.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Bernisha »

I love the review introduction, "to keep ourselves inspired, motivated and energized, we need to lead ourselves." Very thought-provoking and gives the impression that this book is self-empowering. I am left to wonder how do i lead my self or who do i follow on the rough path to success? Indeed, many of us are yet to understand our true self or figure out what our true passion is. I am convinced that reading this book will reform and transform my mind to understand my purpose and to equip myself for the quest of success.
just_joy
Currently Reading: The Story Of...
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-just-joy.html
Latest Review: Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher

Post by just_joy »

This is a book that I can turn to when I want to find answers to some of the questions that I ask myself from time to time.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”