Review of Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Qlackrose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qlackrose.html
Latest Review: Vandella by M. Ch. Landa

Review of Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Qlackrose »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Winning the War on Cancer tells us the true story of a promising and modern approach to the treatment of cancer apart from therapy. The author, Sylvie Beljanski, shares her father's research in natural extracts towards curing cancer. Her father, Dr.Mirko Beljanski, had discovered two plant extracts, Pao pereira and Rauwolfia vomitoria, which he used to treat the French president, Francois Mitterrand, who was suffering from prostate cancer. The French government, after learning that Dr.Mirko Beljanski's extracts were working and curing cancer, used all means to wipe out all his research efforts and even caused his death. Sylvie takes on the system and continues with her father's research by forming the Beljanski Foundation, a center that will be looking into a new approach to cancer treatment. 

The book had many positive aspects that I liked. First, it is clearly seen how the government and pharmaceutical companies can be barriers and hinder any scientist who tries to come up with a new method of medical treatment for cancer. His research work to find a cure for cancer was destroyed by the French government. Second, the book also exposes horrible ways the pharmaceutical industry is ruling the world by trying to obliterate anything that competes with them in producing synthetic drugs. Furthermore, the government will never appreciate any heroic acts done by anyone. It is clearly seen from the book when the French government destroys Dr. Mriko Beljanski's laboratory and even kills him despite his efforts in treating the French president, Francois Mitterrand, prolonging his life to serve for a second time. I also loved Sylvie Beljanski's character. She is determined. Despite her not being an expert in the medical field, it does not deter her from looking into alternative medicine, particularly a cure for cancer, by continuing with her father's research. I appreciate the author also addressing issues of justice, health, family, and sacrifice. 

There was nothing I disliked in the book. I didn't find any grammatical errors or typos in the book. It was well written and exceptionally edited. 

I will rate Winning the War on Cancer 4 out of 4 stars. The full rating is because of the many positives in the book. It also educates us on treatments and inspires us to pursue the truth despite government and corporate opposition. 

I would recommend this book to people who are facing traditional cancer treatment for them to learn the magnitude of nature's power to heal many terminal illnesses.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”