Review of Christ vs. Antichrist

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Review of Christ vs. Antichrist

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Christ vs. Antichrist" by George Ferrar.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Book of Revelation is one book in the Bible that I find mysterious and, most times, confusing. So I can't say how much I am glad to have come across this book. Christ vs. Antichrist: The Last World Wars by George Ferrar provides readers with explanations and deep insights into the end times and the second coming of Jesus Christ, using the Scripture and scenarios created by the author.

While most Bible scholars agree on the main events that would happen during the apocalypse, many disagree on the timing. When Jesus' disciples asked Him about the end times, He answered, "Watch out that no one deceives you..." (Matthew 24:4). Hence, the author urges readers to reject anything that contradicts the Bible in this book and goes ahead to provide a timeline of events that agrees with the Scriptures. From the emergence of the Antichrist to when Jerusalem welcomes Christ as king, this book details the events of the end times to give readers the understanding and encouragement needed to be better prepared.

What I love most about this book is the author's use of scenarios to portray the end-time events. They made his interpretations easy to follow and understand, and I especially like that the author relates these scenarios to our present time. They also tickle the reader's imagination and help one to form mental images of what to expect if Christ's second coming were to happen in our days. Also, the author's writing style shines in these parts of the book, as his descriptions are graphic and intriguing.

Furthermore, I appreciate that the author did his research before writing this book. It is evident in how he links verses from different books in the Bible to those in Revelation to corroborate his points. There are also maps at the end of the book to help readers with a clearer geographical understanding of the regions and countries he mentioned.

The only thing I didn't enjoy about this book was the repetition of many points and Bible verses. Nevertheless, I couldn't hold the grudge because it also helped me recall some facts discussed earlier. However, I found up to ten errors in the publication. There were also instances where texts in bold fonts that the author used to differentiate Bible verses continued into his explanations. Hence, I am rating this book three out of four stars. Aside from the editing mishaps, the publication deserves a perfect rating, as there's nothing else to fault.

I highly recommend the book to readers who want to gain insights into what the Bible says about the end times, especially concerning the events that'll signal its beginning and the sequence of the events to follow.

Christ vs. Antichrist
View: on Bookshelves
FunkyFlowerLady
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

A work that provokes thought and supports it with evidence from the Bible. I admire the research the author made before drafting this book. Your review sums up the book's main points exactly.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

Seems like a thoroughly written and well researched book. I think it's an asset that everyone, especially Christians should have.
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 545
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

I like how you highlighted the author's research work that preceded the writing of the book. Excellent review.
Neora Wish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neora-wish.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Neora Wish »

Thank you for that great review. I will search the book to find answers to many questions I always have concerning the rapture.
Semab Tabassum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-semab-tabassum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Semab Tabassum »

Well researched book, I think it's an excellent book for Christians as it a quite knowledgeable. Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”