Review of 8 Steps to Overcoming Everyday Adversity

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of 8 Steps to Overcoming Everyday Adversity

Post by Moyin Loveth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "8 Steps to Overcoming Everyday Adversity" by Christopher Greco.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I’m sure everyone can testify to having experienced one form of adversity or the other. Regardless of one’s status, age, wealth, or race, facing challenges is inevitable. One person who faced challenges at a young age is Christopher Greco.

Christopher’s life changed at the age of fifteen when his father died. After this unfortunate incident, he and his mother had to raise his younger siblings, John and Elizabeth, with very limited resources and little support from relatives or friends. How did Christopher deal with his grief, change his circumstances, and grow into the successful man he is today?

Christopher discusses a variety of methods that are applicable in everyday situations in his book, 8 Steps to Overcoming Everyday Adversity. Using his experiences as a case study, Christopher shares proven methods for tackling difficulties and moving forward in life. I appreciated the fact that 8 Steps to Overcoming Everyday Adversity served as both a memoir and a self-help book.

I must commend the fact that the author is honest when recounting his experiences. He doesn’t try to paint himself as a perfect person or say that he hasn't made any mistakes.

I really liked that the book was precise. Unlike many self-help books, 8 Steps to Overcoming Everyday Adversity doesn’t bore readers with prolonged discussions. Although the book is quite short and takes about an hour to read, the lessons included in it are useful for a lifetime.

I also liked that the lessons in the book were written in an easy-to-understand format. The steps outlined in the book were straightforward and simple to implement. The practical section at the end of each chapter was another nice feature in the book. This section helped to assess the readers' comprehension of the chapter.

I think the most important piece of knowledge I’ve gained from reading this book is that experiencing adversity is crucial for growth. Prior to reading this book, I often wondered why we have so many problems in life. I'm glad I found this book because it gave me the answers I was looking for.

There was absolutely nothing to dislike about the book. While reading, I only spotted a few errors, so I can say the book has been professionally edited. In view of the book’s outstanding qualities, I am rating it four out of four stars.

Because of the religious references in the book, I would recommend it to young and adult Christians. I would also recommend it to open-minded readers who are going through tough times and are in need of motivational support.

8 Steps to Overcoming Everyday Adversity
View: on Bookshelves
Israel10
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-israel10.html
Latest Review: Creating Wellbeing and Building Resilience in the Veterinary Profession by Sonja A. Olson, DVM

Post by Israel10 »

I’m sure everyone can testify to having experienced one form of adversity or the other. Regardless of one’s status, age, wealth, or race, facing challenges is inevitable. Great review.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

This book looks interesting from the review above. And the storyline is my kind of story. Adding it to my shelf for future reading ASAP.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

Challenges most times bring out the hidden treasures in us, I love the fact that the book is simple and straightforward.
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

This book is a perfect match for me. I will certainly read this book to know how to overcome everyday challenges.
Zamzam540
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zamzam540 »

This is a topic that most people really need to hear right now during times with wars going around
CharlesC+Esq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesc-esq.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by CharlesC+Esq »

Diamonds are pieces of dirty that underwent intense pressure for a long time to become exquisite and clear as they look.
As the saying goes, why doesn't kill you will make you grow, therefore challenges nudge us to do better; without any motivation, we'd have no need to invent things or find solutions.
I think this is a great book from the given review.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

Christopher story is inspiring. Sounds like a great book to read.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”