Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayjiah Sosa
Favorite Book: The Assasin's Blade
Currently Reading: A Viscount to Conspire (Sherton Sisters Book 2)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayjiah-sosa.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Ayjiah Sosa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Stress is something I am familiar with, but I was unaware of the forms it can take, and the many different options for relief. Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide by Gustavo Kinrys, M.D. and Alexandra Gold, M.A. gives a great overview explaining how stress and anxiety are related, and informing the general public that there are many treatments which do not need to include prescription medication. They list healthier, cheaper, and easier to access methods in this handy little book.

I found this guide to be short, succinct, and practical. The different sections are clearly labeled for quick perusal, and the ability to reference a specific symptom or remedy right at the beginning of the book is extremely convenient.

In helping the average reader understand stress, anxiety, and their root causes, the authors are giving people the knowledge to start making changes in their lives right away. There are internal methods to help with relief, which include herbs and nutrients. When it comes to your daily meals, they give recommendations for what should be included in your diet to help with stress, and the improvement of your mood. So it appears that some of these treatments may help with forms of depression as well. Kinrys and Gold inform us about remedies that encompass your body as a whole, so along with remedies to be taken internally, they go into forms of mental relaxation, such as meditation, as well as more physical forms of relief. I am familiar with most of these remedies, but I did not know there were technology-based therapies! That whole section completely surprised me, and I was fascinated by learning more about modern treatments for an age-old malady.

I appreciate the authors going into detail regarding the dangers of a "treatment" that has become all too common in our day; that of the prescription drug. I hope it is as big an eye opener for others as it was for me. There are more natural methods to try, and great detail is given to recommended dosages and the side effects that can happen when using something that seems harmless like an essential oil or herbs. There are no photos included of the herbs and plants mentioned and that might be a boon to those who want a visual representation, but it did not feel lacking.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as it is very well written and I find no reason it should not receive a high rating. The simple tone that is set throughout makes it easy to recommend this book to anyone of high school age and above. I recommend the younger audience in hopes that it will be greatly informative on the dangers of prescription pills and show how accessible and affordable more natural remedies can be.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”