Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Comfort44
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comfort44.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Comfort44 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin is a memoir about the author's life. The search for Tina's self-improvement is humorously and honestly described in this book. It talks about a family that sails and travels. Sexual assault mental illness, motherhood's problems, and child loss were among the themes explored.

Beginning with an exciting safari through Africa, Bluewater Walkabout explores the author's reflections on the difficulties that a life lived differently might entail. When Tina was young and attempting to succeed in Texas, she had a difficult few years. When Tina met her husband, the two of them chose to live a life at sea. Tina's difficult childhood caused her to fear for her safety. She leaped at the possibility to earn money so she could leave the toxic environment where she was frequently threatened with sexual assault. This was when she encountered Peter, a kind-hearted seafaring dum. Together, Tina and Peter raise their sons, experience grief, and go on vacations.

The book was entertaining to read. There are some positive things about this book. The readers were able to follow along with Tina Dreffin's story. She offered detailed accounts of things that happened. The author's descriptions of the characters and events were so realistic that I couldn't help but visualize each moment as it happened.This book was educational in that it conveyed ideals like moving on from the past and not relying on it, as Tina did after meeting women who had had worse hardships and were dealing with issues like war and poverty.

I couldn't think of any negatives to list for this book. You'll want to get up and move after reading Bluewater Walkabout. I appreciated and enjoyed this book since it was full of amazing events, humorous stories, fascinating facts, and a wealth of information. Tina made me feel like I was a part of the story by sharing some of her darkest experiences and recollections. This is amazing on the part of the author. I felt the same feelings as the author. I also had the impression that I was traveling with the family. Be it to the local hiking trail, a cross-country road trip, or even to a voyage on a ship. I could see the animals and picture the water waves. It's uncommon to find a book that has such an impact. It's a good thing she has the images to support her engaging story. It was a fantastic book to read.

This book was both entertaining and educational. It is well-written, and the diction is simple to understand. I discovered no faults in the book, indicating that it had been exceptionally edited. Therefore, I give this book a rating of four out of four stars.

I recommend this book to readers who love to read books about travel and adventures.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Tina must be bold to write about her life and bold to leave the environment where she was constantly threatened with sexual assault
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I just finished reading this book and I loved it. Tina is very creative with her story telling. She knows how to describe things for the reader to relate to them.

Nice review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I have a deep appreciation for this woman. Tina endured many things in her life and has come out OK on the other side. I do think that anyone who embarks on a sea journey with four teenage boys deserves to be respected.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

This is not just any ordinary book. It is a revelation of lifetimes in the journey of some women while traveling from one place to another. They talk about a lot of crucial matters and lay them to rest. Nice review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

What a daring thing to do. Most people dream of taking such adventures but never do. The author has pulled together a memorable memoir and has taken us through her journey as a wife, mother, etc. This sounds like a truly inspiring memoir and I would love to check it out.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

This book looked so real, love to read it again and again.
Ronky279
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronky279.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ronky279 »

Amazing review we've got here.
Tina must ne a very courageous woman. One of a kind. I'm definitely reading this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”