Review of Female Disruptors

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Female Disruptors

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Female Disruptors" by Mindi Messmer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Female Disruptors by Mindi Messmer is a 278-page book on the disparity between men and women. It is about how the system is built to favour men and disfavour women just because of their gender. Women who want to make a difference in politics, business, and science face challenges from men in these fields and society as a whole.

The author wrote about her experiences and those of other notable women in different fields who had similar experiences to her—living in a city with the highest record of cancer in children and adults. The author, a scientist, was concerned for her children and other children who haven't been diagnosed and feared they might be affected soon. Also, for children and families who have died from this deadly disease, Being a scientist, she discovered what she believes is the cause of the high cancer rate in her town. This issue requires quick government intervention and help. Members of her community chose her to be their voice in the state house of representatives. This role opened her up to different types of stigmatization and criticism. She believed she suffered this because she is female.

This book is a detailed book on how women were treated in times past. What they experience in this present time and the way forward to a future where women are treated equally as their male counterparts, particularly in the United States of America, without considering their colour, age, or choice of being a mother.

I like how the author arranged the book and told her story. The book is divided into three parts, and each part was carefully developed and well explained. Each chapter starts with wisdom quotes that keep one abreast of what to expect in each chapter. The author took her time writing this book and gathered much evidence (well-referenced) to back her facts and not just mere speculation.

Also, all the points raised by the author are valid and call for quick intervention by the government. Women, particularly career women, are being cheated on and are not being given the respect and pay they are due because men see them more as objects. Although the trend is changing, the disparity is still there. Sadly, the United States of America lags behind nations that invest more in the welfare of career women.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. The author didn't occur to me as a desperate feminist. Despite her position, she didn't neglect her husband and children. She was proud of her family and mother and didn't despise their contributions to her success.

Also, the author addressed the government's shortcomings in providing good health care and a safe environment for its citizens. An example is what happened during the COVID-19 pandemic. I was well informed by this book, and I hope to see a future for women as the author wished for.

This book was professionally edited as I found just one error in it. The language used is in clear terms, and where scientific terms or ambiguous words are used, the author explains them. For these reasons, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to young adults, specifically females, who desire to work or thrive in male-dominated sectors. Mature women, too, will find this book helpful. Also, government officials and public office holders who want to set the record straight and fill the gap will find this book helpful.

Female Disruptors
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

As a woman, I can relate to many of the authors experiences and sentiments. It’s quite sad that women are victims of bias. I really appreciate the author writing this book. Thanks for the comprehensive review.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

Your review is great. The book was carefully thought-out. There is a strong and compassionate message to allow females flourish...
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Female Disruptors by Mindi is a memoir where the author wrote about himself and other women that has the same experience. I love the book. Great review.
Maliha Naveed
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Tales from the Grey Area
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maliha-naveed.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by Maliha Naveed »

As a feminist myself, I would love to explore the writer's point of view about this issue. I would definitely lay my hands on this book. Nice review.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

It's really sad that women are usually pushed aside and prevented from advancing in life. Any book that promotes equality and supports women is definitely worth my time. Thanks for recommending this book.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I hope she was able to get help for her home, so the cancer rates declined and everyone had a healthier life. She certainly has a point that it has been much harder for women than men, especially in the past. However, I think that is changing, perhaps because of women like her leading the way. Thanks for an interesting and informative review!
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:

Nwaka Chukwuemeka wrote: 13 Aug 2022, 06:28 Female Disruptors by Mindi is a memoir where the author wrote about himself and other women that has the same experience. I love the book. Great review.
Thank you Nwaka for your comment. The author did well combining this experiences.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:

Precious Oba wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 22:07 Your review is great. The book was carefully thought-out. There is a strong and compassionate message to allow females flourish...
Thank you for your comment Precious you couldn't have said it better the author hopes that women flourish in their fields and I hope they do too.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:

Prisallen wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 07:59 I hope she was able to get help for her home, so the cancer rates declined and everyone had a healthier life. She certainly has a point that it has been much harder for women than men, especially in the past. However, I think that is changing, perhaps because of women like her leading the way. Thanks for an interesting and informative review!
Thank you for your comment Prisallen I appreciate.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

This seems like an interesting concept. Exploring the differences in treatment between men and women is a fascinating concept.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

This book genuinely exposed what has been due for discussion; the subtle relegation of women in society. Even though there are more innovative rooting for the female gender, they are still sidelined.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

Women have always suffered unjustly at the hand of men. People tend to favour men over women. This has made survival challenging for some women, and I am using this opportunity to shout out to all women that are smashing it regardless of what men say.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

As a woman, I can relate to many of the authors experiences and sentiments. It’s quite sad that women are victims of bias. I really appreciate the author writing this book. Thanks for the comprehensive review.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

This is currently happening in our society today where men and favoured more than women. The world view women as weaklings. Thanks for the insightful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”