Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mgodf12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mgodf12.html
Latest Review: Women Behaving Courageously by Ann Andrews

Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by mgodf12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress written by Dr. Alexandra Gold and Dr. Gustavo Kinrys is an informative book for those struggling with anxiety themselves, or who have a loved one with anxiety. It is a guide for the use of natural solutions to anxiety over use of pharmaceutical medications. The book begins with an introductory description of anxiety and its common manifestations, as well as other common disorders that often accompany it. It gives concise, easy to understand descriptions of alternative therapies for anxiety, including nutrient-based, herbal-based, and natural remedies, as well as natural management techniques for stress and anxiety.

Dr. Gold and Dr, Kinrys did an excellent job providing a concise, yet informative overview of anxiety and its alternative treatments. Complex topics such as nutrient-based and herbal-based remedies were explained in a simplistic manner that was easy to follow. Real-life scenarios help to relate the information being provided. Step-by-step instructions for the stress and anxiety relief techniques are given, and I found myself trying them as I was reading along. Some examples of therapies discussed include acupuncture, yoga, biofeedback, cognitive-behavioral therapy, exercise, and dietary changes. It provides important nutrients to include and exclude from the diet to improve symptoms of anxiety. Often informational books are difficult to follow due to complex language and topics, which was what I was expecting when I started this book. I was pleasantly surprised when I not only understood the information, but also enjoyed reading it.

While this guide was about natural relief for anxiety and stress over use of medication that can come with major side-effects, I did notice that many of the herbal-based remedies also seem to have their own side-effects or are poorly researched. They do note this throughout the book, but it was just a thought I had while reading that I would not exchange pharmaceutical medications for poorly researched herbal therapies that also have negative side effects. I do think these herbal remedies were still worth mentioning as natural alternative treatment for anxiety

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. Aside from a few grammatical and spelling errors, the book appears to have been professionally written and edited. The information is succinct but enlightening. It provided excellent instruction, speaking as someone who suffers from anxiety. I found myself taking notes throughout the book about lifestyle changes I could make to improve symptoms, as well as techniques to try. The instructions provided were easy to follow and comprehensive.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”