Review of Feelings and Faith

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michaeljerry309
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: Feelings and Faith by Louis W Accola
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 58%

Review of Feelings and Faith

Post by Michaeljerry309 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Feelings and Faith" by Louis W Accola.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Louis W. Accola is a writer who is recognized nationwide for his books and research on leaders and members of the church. He is also a preacher and the national director of parish development for the former American Lutheran Church. He has a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree from Luther College in Decorah and Luther Seminary at St. Paul, Minnesota, respectively.

In Accola’s Feelings and Faith, he talks about some human feelings like doubt, anxiety, guilt, and so on and how they have some important purposes in our lives. For example, anxiety can be the motivation a person needs to study for an exam or create something innovative. Also, doubt can point out a certain problem or danger that shouldn’t be ignored, so we shouldn’t completely dismiss our doubts. These feelings are natural gifts from God, meaning that they were put in us by God on purpose. Even anger can be good since it can aid interpersonal and intrapersonal understanding, resolution, and healing.

My favorite part was how he highlighted scenarios where Jesus expressed some of the feelings I mentioned earlier. For example, in the book of John, Jesus was angry when he saw how people turned his father’s house into a market. He also expressed doubt before his crucifixion. With each page I turned, I agreed more with Accola and understood what he was saying better. His arguments are logical and well presented. He wrote brilliantly and managed to avoid excessive explanations and digression. I also like that the book is just under 150 pages, making it a quick read. The author began each chapter with a Bible verse and then used it as a sort of case study to drive home his points. I thought this was a nice touch since he was reflecting on feelings in relation to faith.

I disliked nothing about this book. My reading experience was fluid, and I learned a lot from reading it. Despite stumbling upon a few errors, I still believe that a professional edited this book because of how organized it is. You can also tell that the author has some experience writing.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was interesting, insightful, and well put together. My reading experience was great, and I did not find it too complex or difficult to understand. I recommend this book to people over the age of 16 who are interested in understanding their feelings in relation to the Christian faith. Individuals who are interested in religion and human relations or bible studies might also find the book insightful as well.

Feelings and Faith
View: on Bookshelves
NGOCHO SAMUEL
Currently Reading: Apocalypse reckoning
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by NGOCHO SAMUEL »

Just the review of this book teaches me as a Christian a full lot of things and i think reading the book is going to be a Golden opportunity to lealearn more thanks for the review
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ruthwriter »

Have read books about feelings but this is different. I love the author's perspective about Jesus Christ. i love to read it. good review.
Kieran Anslow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-anslow.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah
2022 Reading Goal: 300
2022 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by Kieran Anslow »

I like the logic behind the contents of this book. The author did a good job of explicitly explaining his point. Thanks for your honest review.
Odala00phiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala00phiri.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Odala00phiri »

Great review. I agree with the author. Some feelings look misleading but to some extent, they are our guardian angels. This is enlightening. I would love to read this memoir.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”