Review of A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jessica Tanner
Currently Reading: burn zones
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-tanner.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review of A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders

Post by Jessica Tanner »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders" by Mark Villareal.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Script for Aspiring Women Leaders 5 Keys to Success is a five step guide geared toward leadership. There is also a storyline component to it. Mark Villareal writes of how he used these steps to help his mentee, Ann, who wants to be a leader by advancing in her current career. Each chapter is broken down into a step-by-step process of how he achieved this.

One positive thing about this book is that each chapter goes into detail about what steps need to be taken. I found it to be extremely helpful and insightful about what it takes to be in leadership. It is also clear that as a mentor, Mark Villareal really cares about the success of Ann. He was determined to help her grow and develop in order to achieve the goals she had set for herself. Ann does not just talk about what she wants to achieve, she plans and starts to implement it by acting at once. She is extremely specific about her goals, and I found her determination to work toward what she wants to be inspiring.

One negative is that the book does tend to be repetitive in some parts. Also, even though there are only five chapters, they are rather long. However, this does not take away from the excellent quality of the content. There is nothing else I would consider as negative about the book. Overall, there are many more positives than negatives.

My rating for this book is 4 out of 4 stars. I did not find any significant or even minor errors. I enjoyed all aspects of this book. The content was edited and organized exceptionally well throughout the entire book. Also, I found that it was relatable as I had recently learned some of the same information prior to reading this book. The added information I learned could be used to help me advance in my own leadership career down the road.

This book would be most appealing to people that plan to pursue a career in leadership. Despite the title, A Script for Aspiring Women Leaders 5 Keys to Success, suggesting it is a book only for women, anyone with an interest in leading would benefit. In general, it also makes for a great guide to being successful. Even someone who already has a leadership role could benefit by reading this guide. I would not recommend anyone who does not have a strong interest in leadership to read it.

A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”