Review of A Practical Guide to Happiness

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Orizon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Review of A Practical Guide to Happiness

Post by Orizon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Practical Guide to Happiness" by Max G. Ansbacher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The chase for happiness has transcended generations and centuries. People are looking for that perfect satiation to life's void and are disappointed when they don't find it in society's materialistic and faux elements. A Practical Guide to Happiness by Max G. Ansbacher guides readers to the genuine meaning and derivation of happiness for a better life.

As humans, we make lofty assumptions about how much an increase in material possessions and the social ladder would increase our happiness. But does it? In this book, the author shreds some personal myths and societal fallacies that slander our genuine chances of happiness. He gives three great rules for happiness. Want what you have, do what you can, and be the best you are. The author encourages readers to find satisfaction in characters of intrinsic value rather than face value. He outlines many practical tips on saving ourselves from destructive behavioral patterns and false preconditions for happiness. In conclusion, he hints at the importance of having people around us. He states our need for social interaction as humans and the utmost need to find true purpose in life.

There is so much to unpack from A Practical Guide to Happiness. Max G. Ansbacher was keen and meticulous in digging deep into the plagues of man's happiness, both self-made and externally orchestrated. I like to think he learned from his parents, who were both psychologists, as his analogies were very precise. His illustrations were clear and relatable, and his writing method was simple and easy. The pages were littered with thought-provoking quotes. I would share a favorite, which says. "Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it."

I find it very intriguing and exceptional how the author brilliantly fleshes out experiences and thoughts into text. He processes emotions and notions we experience but don't know how to express into well-structured and relatable sentences. This heightened my interest in this book. My favorite section in A Practical Guide to Happiness was chapter ten, where he delved in-depth into negative behavioral patterns that suffocated happiness. I like the candid approach of the author. He was factual and direct in his writing with backed-up facts.

This book currently sits on my re-read lists, as there are many lessons to be reminded of in it. There is absolutely nothing I dislike about it. The book had a good flow and rhythm. In addition, the book was exceptionally well edited, as it was void of grammatical and punctuation errors. For these reasons, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to individuals that seek to find happiness and satisfaction in life. There are many intriguing lessons to learn from the book. Also, I believe readers who love inspirational books will love it.

A Practical Guide to Happiness
View: on Bookshelves
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Summer Henrietta »

The many lessons contained in this book is an eye opener and I look forward to it.
Thank you, great review by the way.
Odala00phiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala00phiri.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Odala00phiri »

Happiness is what we all need. Am eager to read those principles of happiness. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”