Review of The JOY Half-Diet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Developing Emotional Intelligence - 30 Ways for Older Teens and Young Adults to Develop their Caring Capabilities by Israelin Shockness
2022 Reading Goal: 15
2022 Goal Completion: 93%

Review of The JOY Half-Diet

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The JOY Half-Diet" by Ivan Brown.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you feeling a little extra fluffy lately? Perhaps you’ve packed on the pandemic weight after endless weeks of eating and drinking your feelings. No judgment here! So you’re ready to shed the pounds, but not at the cost of your sanity. Also, if the thought of tracking food and spending long hours at the gym makes you weary, worry not. There is an easy solution. Okay, maybe easy is the wrong word, but it is doable.

Ivan Brown has written The JOY Half-Diet, a step-by-step guide for all you potato chip lovers and wine enthusiasts. So how do you slim down? Here is the expert advice. Drumroll, please. Just eat half of everything! That’s it. There are no costly programs or gimmicks. Take everything that you usually eat, even those delicious cookies, and eat fifty percent of it.

In this witty and helpful book/pamphlet, the author gives those who are horizontally challenged some hilarious, albeit functional, advice on the simplicity of losing weight. The guide is chock full of laugh-out-loud illustrations of fellow overweight people that will surely entertain readers. In addition, the author offers practical tips and tricks while making me giggle all the way to my fridge to eat (half!) of what I enjoy.

I have nothing negative to say about The JOY Half-Diet; it’s the unpretentious, humorous nudge (okay, push) that many of us need to improve our health. My favorite thing about the writing was the funny narrative; if you’re going to be talking about something as dull as losing weight, you better make sure you’re not scowling the whole time. I found myself giggling incessantly throughout the entire thing. For example, I was in stitches when he emphasized the importance of “eating a breath mint or sucking on an orange-flavored vitamin C tablet” to celebrate little losses along the way.

I also loved the emphasis placed on activity. The author explained that you don’t have to be lifting weights or running a marathon to reap the benefits of exercise. There is value in getting out of your favorite chair and moving around or giving yourself fun incentives for walking. Go for a short stroll to earn a small handful of potato chips. So easy, right?

Overall, the writing was professionally edited and flowed beautifully. I have happily chosen to give The JOY Half-Diet a rating of four out of four stars because it was easy to implement and entertained me from beginning to end.

Does the thought of eating a low-calorie diet of broccoli and kale make you want to gag and shove copious amounts of chocolate into your mouth? If so, this short book is for you! But, on the contrary, I wouldn’t recommend this writing to hardcore health nuts or people with no sense of humor because you may find it underwhelming.

The JOY Half-Diet
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Summer Henrietta »

I love this book already. The humor attached to each word definitely won't make me find it boring.
This is an interesting book about health.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Developing Emotional Intelligence - 30 Ways for Older Teens and Young Adults to Develop their Caring Capabilities by Israelin Shockness
2022 Reading Goal: 15
2022 Goal Completion: 93%

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Summer Henrietta wrote: ↑03 Aug 2022, 05:33 I love this book already. The humor attached to each word definitely won't make me find it boring.
This is an interesting book about health.
Thanks for reading and commenting!
Odala00phiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala00phiri.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 22%

Post by Odala00phiri »

This solution might assist many to lose their accumulated fats in the body. I hope the author has brought an effective solution .

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”