Review of Outfocus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithy_Star
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: What Does Your Daddy Do? by Joshua Page

Review of Outfocus

Post by Faithy_Star »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Outfocus" by Bill Adams Jr.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Outfocus by Bill Adams Jr. is an excellently written book for leaders in any business establishment who want to optimize efficiency and stand out among their competitors.

To begin with, Adams introduced a practice he termed "on-the-fly leadership." It requires leaders to be fast yet accurate in their decision-making. The author seemed to endorse such practice as necessary but stated that it has certain negative effects on the crucial functions of good leaders. He then introduced ways to cushion their effects to deliver on these functions. Furthermore, because of reports or information from several arms of an organization, there may be a plethora of tasks sought to be performed by a leader. This can be overwhelming, thereby hampering the effectiveness of a leader. While emphasizing that the ability to focus on important tasks is paramount, he enumerated strategies to make this happen. He also introduced various systems, models, and strategies to adopt to enhance collaboration in place of traditional ones. Technology is always at the forefront in any organization, and the author analysed its role in improving a company's performance. He also introduced an automation platform he founded, known as Targa, which has special functions beneficial to businesses. Finally, he incorporated the views of professionals in various fields into this book.

I loved how the author organized this book, as it aided in my appreciation of it. For instance, at the beginning of each chapter, he hinted at what he would cover and also summarized the previous chapter. He also summarized each chapter at the end. Furthermore, I appreciated how he used his experience to analyze issues. Specifically, he incorporated his conversations/sessions with leaders, which he titled "case in point." This helped me understand specific issues deeply.

Considering that I am a technology enthusiast, my favorite chapter is the fourth one. Also, it was the most engaging for me. Among other things, the author explored how new technologies can help organizations. Specifically, he wrote that blockchain is often associated with cryptocurrency. But there are other ways it can help an organization. This was eye-opening because I had always associated cryptocurrency with blockchain alone. In consonance with what the author wrote, we should all be receptive to technology to perform optimally both as leaders and employees.

To appreciate the content, I’d advise readers to consume it in bits. Regardless of how concise this book might be for many people, I believe the information is too valuable to be rushed through.

As an aspiring business owner, I can tell you that the information in this book is priceless. The book was exceptionally well edited. Due to my positive comments above and zero complaints about the book, I am rating it four out of four stars.

Founders or leaders of a business or organization can’t afford to miss out on the information in Outfocus. Therefore, I recommend it to them.

Outfocus
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sydney Ash
Currently Reading: Where the Crawdads Sing
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-ash.html
Latest Review: The Last Enemy by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Sydney Ash »

I love books that help you learn new skills. Leadership is such an important skill to have!
Odala00phiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala00phiri.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Odala00phiri »

Leadership requires a lot of skills, knowledge and experience. This book will be a step up for some organisation leadership. Thanks for the nice review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”