Review of The Road to Management

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Limitless_66
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limitless-66.html
Latest Review: Ghosts of Cumberland Island by Anderson Adams

Review of The Road to Management

Post by Limitless_66 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Road to Management" by Rene Medina.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Effective management is an essential part of any organization. Managers are faced with a lot of tasks, problems, and confusion, hence the need for a manual to define management and explain how best it should be done. The Road to Management by Rene Medina is a book that teaches the basics of management and the process of becoming a manager. Through his wealth of information and experience, Rene gives a compilation of what is expected of a manager and how to make a good manager. The author also provides detailed information for aspiring managers to learn from and apply. The latter part of the book is about self-development to enable one to lead and manage effectively.

The book had a good concept, and some parts stood out for me. It has a lot of factual information that leaves the reader with excitement to try out the recommendations made in it fully. I loved that it didn't only point out the problems that people face as managers; it also gave solutions to prevent such issues and recommendations on how to use them to obtain an ideal result. Each of the chapters was topical and written to address a particular problem of management. I equally loved that the book had references that the reader could always look to in times of confusion. The author also went further to give tips on self-development as a good manager is supposed to be a complete being. Morals like teamwork, integrity, pro-activity, and credibility were highlighted in the book. Personality types were also discussed to help the manager understand the different people in the team. Generally, the book seeks the total development of man.

However, I came across some cases of repetition in the book. Some of the same points were highlighted in different parts of the book. Aside from that, I did not find other negative aspects to this book. The book was exceptionally well edited; I found no errors in it.

I'll give the book a four out of four stars rating. This is because the book is concise, apt, and interesting. It was an all-round enlightening read as anyone can be a manager after reading it. The book was really informative and contained leadership tips for everyone to learn from.

The Road to Management is recommended to all aspiring managers and everyone who wants to take up a leadership position. Lovers of self-help books will find the book helpful as it includes invaluable tips for a better life.

The Road to Management
View: on Bookshelves
Paully_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by Paully_ »

The book proferred practical solutions and recommendations that would enable one get a tangible result. I look forward to reading the book. Great review.
Odala00phiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala00phiri.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Odala00phiri »

A hand of applause to Rene for bringing this up. To be a good manager, starts with self development. Am glad this information was included. Great review.
Shelby Ayres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: Our Lady of the Artilects by Andrew Gillsmith
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Shelby Ayres »

I liked that the author started from scratch, letting people that know nothing about management learn new things and improve.
abdo essam 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by abdo essam 1 »

A hand of applause to Rene for bringing this up. To be a good manager, starts with self development. Am glad this information was included. Great review.
ExcellenceAwuzie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by ExcellenceAwuzie »

The title of this book really is a trajectory to what to expect from this book.

I really love everything about this book.
I also like that the author took time to explain the in-depth concept of management.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”