Review of Remnant Rising

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christieee
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christieee.html
Latest Review: Remnant Rising by Susan Rowe

Review of Remnant Rising

Post by Christieee »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Remnant Rising" by Susan Rowe.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What does it mean to be a watchman? In recent times, there have been various cultural, environmental, and political upheavals that all point to the nearness of the end times. There is biblical evidence that (now more than ever) the church needs warriors who will stand firm and not be swayed by the things of the world. The church needs watchmen who are committed to the faith and to praying with deep devotion. In Remnant Rising, Susan Rowe shines a bright light on how Christians can rise to the calling of being a watchman through diligent prayer, faith, and the love of God.

Remnant Rising is a call to action directed at people who share the same faith. No matter how strong or weak your faith is, Rowe makes a strong case for the importance of a praying culture. She makes the concept of guarding your heart against earthly sins less daunting. And her strong voice will prompt you to action. The author was clear about the ways Christians can improve their prayer culture, whether individually or collectively. Her clarity and conviction are compelling forces, inspiring readers to pay attention to what she has to say.

Rowe focused on the love of God and the significance it plays in being a watchman. 1 Corinthians 13:2 was the most memorable verse the author used, in my opinion, and it states, “And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.” Rowe's messages on love carry the most weight and show respect for other beliefs. She makes her observations straightforwardly and devoid of rancor. Her passion for prayer is bare for all to see, without pomp or fanfare, and inspiring all by itself.

It takes considerable skill and willingness to be vulnerable to keep a book like this from sounding like monotonous preaching, and Rowe showed both. She shared a few valuable personal experiences (both in her personal life and her life in corporate prayer) that helped her admonitions come alive and seem relatable. I enjoyed finding out about a dedicated community prayer that helped reduce the crime rate in California. Additionally, the various Bible verses that Rowe included felt like spiritual armor that can inspire a spring of the Holy Spirit in a believer.

This book is filled with spirit, passion, and even expertise. Naturally, since its major theme is prayer, this book may be more suited for readers who share the author’s faith and are interested in learning how to improve their prayer culture for spiritual and physical advancement. Consequently, I recommend this book to such readers. I found nothing to dislike about this well-written and well-edited book, so I rate it 4 out of 4.

Remnant Rising
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

Being a religious person I like this book. Prayer and our relationship with God are indeed themes that are fundamental to human life.
Odala00phiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala00phiri.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Odala00phiri »

This book comes out at the right time. The church needs prayer warriors indeed. People that will not sleep but watch. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”