Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ShaniaGordon1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaniagordon1.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by ShaniaGordon1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Drieffin is a spellbinding story of Tina and her family's circumnavigation. Tina Dreffin begins her memoir by narrating her lowest point in life when a man sexually assaulted her. This tragedy had such an impact on her that her self-esteem decreased. She also lost interest in all of her favourite activities in life. Likewise, she writes about her love for her husband, Peter, the father of her boys, Adam and Warren. They have continuously resided above water and close to nature, leading to their offspring being homeschooled. The boys have the same appreciation for nature as their parents. They were all wild, accessible, and adventurous spirits, which pushed them to experiment and try many new-fangled things.

The book's content specifically featured Tina and her family set out on an expedition to discover the world. This voyage allowed Tina to meet new people and learn about their cultures and ways of life. Admittedly, while exploring the world, she, too, had begun to rediscover herself gradually. As a result, she became a more remarkable and powerful lady than ever; similarly, this beautiful journey healed her soul.

I loved the author's willingness to share her darkest moments while reading this book. Many individuals are reluctant to discuss sexual abuse; keeping a secret of this nature can occasionally result in despair, low self-esteem, or even suicide. Tina Dreffin is a role model for everyone who has endured a similar catastrophe. Definitely, speaking up is the first step toward healing. Despite the pain, the author still conveyed a powerful message of optimism to the world through writing. I particularly appreciated the author's realistic account of the events that transpired during their journey. Since I could imagine every scene in this book, I felt like I was watching a film. In addition, I enjoyed the author's writing style and the book's straightforward language.

I found nothing hostile in this book while reading it. The author's trip was engaging and enjoyable. This book taught me that it is prudent to confront your bad moments so your future will be bright and full of happiness.

This book deserves four out of four stars. This rating is based on the book's being professionally well-edited, motivating, adventurous, and entertaining all at the same time. In addition, this book is fast-paced, and I adored every adventure this book featured.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. This is suitable for people who like travel and adventure and is an excellent option for those seeking inspiration in their lives.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”